Rutcation

oapiastos88

How’s it going guys. So I finally get to use my week vacation to be in the woods next week. The only problem being the weather looks like it’s going to be pretty warm compared to previous days we had. Any advice on how to hunt in these temps. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with above. Now this morning I was in the open hardwoods in my best stand , problem was no leaves and the sun was lighting me up ! Bow , binos , you could see the shine on them .

So this afternoon at 2 I’ll be in the thicket , less sun , lower cooler , damp area . Truck thermometer says 70 !!! 

• Like 2

It should be soon. Below is from realtree.com:

Rubs and scrapes on the rise, but limited daylight movement during warm weather

Downstate New York feels more like September than October with unseasonably warm temperatures, but buck activity is starting to pick up. Scrapes are popping up throughout the hardwoods, and defenseless tree trunks are beginning to suffer the wrath of pent-up buck energy. The shoulders of just about every highway through deer country I’ve driven down have no shortage of does chomping on DOT-manicured grass. Some bucks have begun some halfhearted chasing, but thus far the does have not been receptive. 

Unfortunately, all is not rosy here in the Empire State. I spent some time chasing ducks in a downstate New York swamp and was greeted by the telltale stench of rotting deer. EHD has had a profound effect on some areas, though the damage seems to be very localized. One farm had 23 dead deer on it, while another just down the road had none. Fingers crossed, we’ve seen the worst of it and the coming cold weather will kill off the midges that carry the disease. 

• Like 1