White-flash cameras

Doc

Ok, I'm going to be putting deer aside for a while and try to get some good wildlife pictures down at the creek (swamp) ...... beavers, muskrats, mink, weasels, waterfowl and any other critters that hang around a swamp. Probably start doing that in the spring. Since I'm not concerned about affecting travel patterns like I am with deer, and since I am concerned with good quality pictures, I am looking to purchase the regular white-flash version of a trail cam. IR is out for this purchase. Perhaps if the price is right, I might be looking at more than one.

Anybody got any recommendations?

Yup, the "home brew" choice looks like the best way to get the best pictures ( http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=41 ) . However, being the cheap skin-flint that I am, I can see the cost getting out of hand. Also, I would probably like to have 2 or more in operation. Also, I'm not sure I could actually handle all the know-how required to successfully pull it off. So I'm probably back to the commercially grown trail-cams. I'll take a look at the Moultrie versions.

in the spring battery life shouldn't be to big an issue. wildview makes inexpensive cameras that will do the job. i'm partial to my cuddiebacks. the factory reconditioned ones work well and are inexpensive. got a few on sale for under 80$ each.

Yeah, it's going to wind up a wrestling match between function and cost. I am starting to lean more toward getting more than one of them ..... maybe as many as three. So I can't get too "high-end". That $60 price tag makes the D-50 a real attractive unit. I have quite a chunk wrapped up in my IR cameras for deer, so now I am starting to get a little more sensitive to price on any additional cameras I buy. But then I have quite a bit of time to make up my mind, and I really do appreciate all the suggestions.

I think that would do. There's also an L50 now that looks pretty good and goes for well under $100. Also there is a couple of Cuddebacks and Stealthcams that have great pictures but the price increases significantly. So again the battle will be between cost and quality. I'm pretty sure that I'm ruling out the homebrew versions because of cost. I'm seriously looking at buying two, so cost is a big deal.