Newest forum member

johnplav

2020 needed a positive boost... and oh man did we get one on Friday.  We were blessed (and surprised) with a healthy son.  Thank God we don’t live far from the hospital and I can drive fast, because we had about 10 minutes to spare.  We got home last night and celebrated with some Next Door Sushi, since that’s my wife’s favorite and it’s a no-no during pregnancy.  Big sister just met her brother and she’s pumped.  I’m not sure what little JohnPlav will mean for this hunting season... but I know I have a new hunting partner for seasons to come!  

F26DDAD6-919E-4190-8C50-DA173B3AE84F.jpeg

68A57925-494F-4DFD-BAD6-1BBA5318F19E.jpeg

CE037BAD-61D5-4CBC-939E-3C2E1E776870.jpeg

895BEEE6-7EC4-4686-A206-2D9DDDF4C0E2.jpeg

391043AF-9254-4A4A-84DF-50769983A0F4.jpeg

• Like 37

Congratulations, and 10 minutes is cutting it close! My wife was in labor for about 20 hours. I don’t know which I’d prefer. Regardless, there is no greater feeling than holding that new precious life! Seriously, congratulations, the hard work for you starts now, and it’s worth every minute of it. 

• Like 1

Update... his name is John Michael and he’ll go by “Jack” just like his grandfather and 93 year old great-grandfather.  We didn’t know the gender so that’s the surprise.  Labor escalated really fast, and even though Im sure I could’ve delivered on the side of the road... I’m extremely happy I didn’t have to.  Mom is a champ and is doing great.  All the staff at Highland were amazing, and we only had to stay there 24 hours.  I work at Strong Hospital and it’s always a strange feeling being on the patient end of things.  I couldn’t be more happy and proud.  This little guy better be a hunter, because he’s now heir to 2 nice properties and enough guns to arm a small country.  Thanks for all the positive thoughts!  Now GO BILLS and go kill some deer for me!! 

3A7B4360-F082-43A7-9459-7100E846F096.jpeg

• Like 8