blackbeltbill

Surviving State Land Hunting.

Irene tells a good story of Bow Hunters alerting her with a " Clicker" as she neared while hunting Small game. And calling in another Turkey Hunter. That's scary! I have called Hunters in as well. Should never happen.

Enjoy Irene's Video.

Irene does a great job with the Local Hudson Valley Videos. I will upload more of her hunting videos to this site in the future.

It’s tough , for sure , sometimes hunting public land . Everyone has a right to be there legally but some guys feel that , because they’ve been hunting a certain area or “ spot” for a number of years , it’s theirs . That is not the case!! Having said that , I do , however, believe that if someone has already put up stands in a certain area , other hunters should respect their space and find another spot . If nobody respects each others space then , in the worse case scenario , you could have loads of hunters and stands all in a 100 yard area and nobody would get anything !! Communication and respect is the Key here 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

It’s tough , for sure , sometimes hunting public land . Everyone has a right to be there legally but some guys feel that , because they’ve been hunting a certain area or “ spot” for a number of years , it’s theirs . That is not the case!! Having said that , I do , however, believe that if someone has already put up stands in a certain area , other hunters should respect their space and find another spot . If nobody respects each others space then , in the worse case scenario , you could have loads of hunters and stands all in a 100 yard area and nobody would get anything !! Communication and respect is the Key here 

Public Land Hunting is very rewarding.

Irene puts out great Videos for sure. Glad you enjoyed it.

It’s funny, I’ve hunted state land all my life and I’ve only saw 2 hunters in the woods. I’ve encountered 10 times that on private posted land.

The state has 4.5 million acres and only 700,000 hunters, there’s plenty to go around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It’s funny, I’ve hunted state land all my life and I’ve only saw 2 hunters in the woods. I’ve encountered 10 times that on private posted land.

The state has 4.5 million acres and only 700,000 hunters, there’s plenty to go around!

There's one day a year the state land I frequent is a mess and that's opening day. The rest of the season and all of bow I barely see anyone at all. Same goes for a couple others I've bowhunted although I can't speak for the gun opener on those. We are blessed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

59 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You really fall for a good one sided story don't you bill?

What's up Jer. 

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Irene did a fine job on this Video and showed Beautiful Scenery. That's why, I uploaded it. 

On 11/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Shhhh! Dont tell anyone. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, Northcountryman said:

15 years ago before I started hunting letchworth sp I always would move on when encountering a stand.. It didnt take that many years to get over that.lol. there are stands everywhere. Even those spots that after looking at a map and  thinking to yourself "no one hunts there" (too remote t,oo difficult..etc..).  If it looks like its being used recently. I will avoid the spot. No sense chancing ruining their hunt or my own . Otherwise I will climb a tree right next to it.. I may have a few "permanent" spots where I may forgot my stand year to year. A couple of them are shared by other hunters stands less than 10 yds away. In 10  years  I've yet to meet the other hunters.lol.. I always have wanted to . By this time we ought to just share and have twice as many spots..And  if I arrive at "my " spot and someone else is already in the area, I would move on. Not climb up next to them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

Shhhh! Dont tell anyone. 

The word is already out! Some of the very Best Hunting is on Public Lands. 

All of my 121 Turkeys have been taken on Crowded Gun Club Lands + Public Lands.   Not 1 Gobbler on Easy Private Lands.

Last May, I gave Cynthia here 12 days in May to help her bag her first 2 Longbeards on Public Lands.

I absolutely love the Challenge of Public Lands. The more Crowded- no problem if you have sufficient Skills.

I might help more members here next May. As long as, I get my 2 Toms 1st.:D

On 11/10/2020 at 5:13 PM, blackbeltbill said:

Irene did a fine job on this Video and showed Beautiful Scenery. That's why, I uploaded it. 

I hunt turkeys however it has to be done. I reap all over the state Fields and hardwoods alike. I call and move, and call and move in ghillie suit with complete disregard for anyone dumb enough to shoot me.  I hold out in a pipeline in the pouring rain and never call just waiting on his natural pattern to make him walk by me and I ambush him.  I even wait under the roost tree and shoot his long bearded face off when he touches down for his morning breakfast and strut. What i dont do is jump on the forum and complain about the few negatives i can find regarding turkey hunting.

This quote is irrelevant to what Buckmaster7600 said..... I admire your passion for the turkeys Bill, but we need new information from you. You need a new focus to help turkeys, not just talk about it. "Show me dont tell me" type of thing. You keep posting very similar things and you don't consider anything but your own thoughts. You are unhappy with certain parts of the world but you arm chair shout and seemingly do very little to change it. I think your probably a nice guy but you do little to accommodate your peers thoughts or ideas, even worse you completely disregard the other people that you speak with on this forum. I think my words are a waste and falling on deaf ears, but remember I took some of your words to heart because they were true. If you would step outside of your myopic thoughts you may truly learn so much from this great amazing group of hunters who offer up thier experiences and adventure for all of us to read. 

• Like 2

You are not making much sense in your post above.. 

Anyone Dumb enough to Belly Crawl into a Public Land Field with a Gobbler decoy in front of his face and moves to " Reap" a Tom invites a load of Copper plated 4s to your head behind the decoy.  

As far as showing or sharing- I have 7 Turkey Educational Videos up and gave my Free time giving seminars.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

The word is already out! Some of the very Best Hunting is on Public Lands. 

All of my 121 Turkeys have been taken on Crowded Gun Club Lands + Public Lands.   Not 1 Gobbler on Easy Private Lands.

Last May, I gave Cynthia here 12 days in May to help her bag her first 2 Longbeards on Public Lands.

I absolutely love the Challenge of Public Lands. The more Crowded- no problem if you have sufficient Skills.

I might help more members here next May. As long as, I get my 2 Toms 1st.:D

Private land gobblers are by no means easy especially if parcels are small. Up the road are 21 camps on 5 acre lots. Even if 10 guys Turkey hunt that is more hunters in a small area than you will run into on a piece of state land that is 1000s of acres..  a weekend of hunting on those properties ,and the birds are gone as in moved elsewhere or killed. You can kill deer consistently on a 5 acre piece but turkey no way.

• Like 3

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

You have to Pick + Choose your Battles especially on Social Media when 2 or 3 can be on you at once.

km- since you have been on me since you joined a short while back-- you will get my full attention.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ncountry said:

15 years ago before I started hunting letchworth sp I always would move on when encountering a stand.. It didnt take that many years to get over that.lol. there are stands everywhere. Even those spots that after looking at a map and  thinking to yourself "no one hunts there" (too remote t,oo difficult..etc..).  If it looks like its being used recently. I will avoid the spot. No sense chancing ruining their hunt or my own . Otherwise I will climb a tree right next to it.. I may have a few "permanent" spots where I may forgot my stand year to year. A couple of them are shared by other hunters stands less than 10 yds away. In 10  years  I've yet to meet the other hunters.lol.. I always have wanted to . By this time we ought to just share and have twice as many spots..And  if I arrive at "my " spot and someone else is already in the area, I would move on. Not climb up next to them.

Yeah , me too, I try to have several spots , some as “back- ups” in case somebodies in or near my first choice spot 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

You have to Pick + Choose your Battles especially on Social Media when 2 or 3 can be on you at once.

km- since you have been on me since you joined a short while back-- you will get my full attention.

I'm not on you silly old samurai.  I felt stupid for getting up-regulated that time in the past and I learned from it.  Probably many people on the forums you frequent have different opinions than you do. Moving forward I respond to what I read with my biased opinions. I'm only responding to the things you post. Collectively it feels like I reread the same things over and over. I open up your great titles only to be disappointed by the repetitive content. You dont see the same things I do, and thats ok. Im not stressed, I'm on this forum to learn and share. I feel lucky to have found it even if it was just a short while ago.Your welcome to use it how you want to also. 

Ps. Here is some wild birds that I'm ready to get a face full of copper from some moron shooting at movement. They dont eat out of my hands though, and they are not always exactly where I want them. Happy hunting from the lazy boy, also happy soapboxing from the same sofa. 

20201110_164621.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

When I hunted Coyle Hill there were a couple guys that hunted the same areas as me. If they saw my truck they went to the next spot with a wave and I did the same. Wed usually chat when we came out midday or evening and swap stories. I had many great years hunting there and killed a pile of deer

• Like 3

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

52 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

I'm not on you silly old samurai.  I felt stupid for getting up-regulated that time in the past and I learned from it.  Probably many people on the forums you frequent have different opinions than you do. Moving forward I respond to what I read with my biased opinions. I'm only responding to the things you post. Collectively it feels like I reread the same things over and over. I open up your great titles only to be disappointed by the repetitive content. You dont see the same things I do, and thats ok. Im not stressed, I'm on this forum to learn and share. I feel lucky to have found it even if it was just a short while ago.Your welcome to use it how you want to also. 

Ps. Here is some wild birds that I'm ready to get a face full of copper from some moron shooting at movement. They dont eat out of my hands though, and they are not always exactly where I want them. Happy hunting from the lazy boy, also happy soapboxing from the same sofa. 

20201110_164621.jpg

Your solution is easy. Don't open any of my Threads. Then you won't be disappointed. Same for any member who do not like my content. Just scroll on past. 

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Easy Private Lands

If you've never or seldom ever hunted private lands, how do you know they're easy? You say that like private land hunters are lesser hunters. That's how it can come off when you read it.

That might be a contributing reason you experience the "gang up" as you term it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1