Moreau Lake

Todd67

I’ve been checking out Moreau on a couple day trips. Leaves can be very crunchy, and nice weather brings lots of people. Spooked a couple deer - they saw me before I saw them. Anyone have experience here? I’m finding it pretty tricky. Still or tree?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never hunted it, but was seriously considering it until I got access to some private ground this year. At some point I wouldn't mind making a trip up there, it's only 20 minutes or so to the park from where I live. Hopefully the cooler weather will help with the amount of hikers. I would definitely recommend getting a good climbing tree stand and trying a couple of spots. 

• Like 1

I've never hunted it, but was seriously considering it until I got access to some private ground this year. At some point I wouldn't mind making a trip up there, it's only 20 minutes or so to the park from where I live. Hopefully the cooler weather will help with the amount of hikers. I would definitely recommend getting a good climbing tree stand and trying a couple of spots. 

It’s a long uphill climb to carry a backpack and climbing stand, but agree that a stand is needed. Might do that this weekend.

1 minute ago, Todd67 said:

It’s a long uphill climb to carry a backpack and climbing stand, but agree that a stand is needed. Might do that this weekend.

I've hunted exclusively from a climber for about 15 years, and I love it. Plus, a lot of the climbers are super comfortable once you are in the tree.

8 hours ago, Splitear said:

I've hunted exclusively from a climber for about 15 years, and I love it. Plus, a lot of the climbers are super comfortable once you are in the tree.

Cool.  I did a test run in the back yard, was easy enough to shimmy up and down.  I got a doe in my back woods a couple weeks ago, but have never had luck on public land.  Do you hunt in Moreau Lake?