Yard Machine Options

Zag

2 hours ago, Otto said:

Well, it followed me home. To be honest, my wife could care less. I do like to tease her about it though and I can see her driving this to me when I shoot my next deer. emoji457.png
afbb6718f2f4b9755ef587c8a52ee8eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bought one without the former wife's permission. And no this did not cause her to be former.  Lol.  As a matter of fact she kept it!  

She used it more than I did after I got it and still does.  

Congrats on the new machine.  Let's see a deer in it next! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I bought one without the former wife's permission. And no this did not cause her to be former.  Lol.  As a matter of fact she kept it!  

She used it more than I did after I got it and still does.  

Congrats on the new machine.  Let's see a deer in it next! 

Congrats.  I'm sure you'll both get lots of use out of it. 

Oops quoted the wrong post. Congrats Otto. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped by my local Kubota dealer the other day, their 850 sidekick goes 40mph, not to shabby, has everything I could ask for plus I’d want a plow and they have the traditional manual plow with winch and a hydraulic setup. @moogs mentioned size being an issue for him, I fit ok, little tight getting in and out with the door. Biggest thing was my legs/feet being so long that I could barely bend my foot for the gas petal. I feel like my lower legs would get sore after a short while. I’ll have to go when I have some time to test driver her. Next up is the Honda Pioneer 700 or 1000. A lot of places are extremely thin on inventory which is challenging.

I stopped by my local Kubota dealer the other day, their 850 sidekick goes 40mph, not to shabby, has everything I could ask for plus I’d want a plow and they have the traditional manual plow with winch and a hydraulic setup. @moogs mentioned size being an issue for him, I fit ok, little tight getting in and out with the door. Biggest thing was my legs/feet being so long that I could barely bend my foot for the gas petal. I feel like my lower legs would get sore after a short while. I’ll have to go when I have some time to test driver her. Next up is the Honda Pioneer 700 or 1000. A lot of places are extremely thin on inventory which is challenging.
The Honda Pioneer 700 is real nice.....love the jump seat option to make it a 4 passenger. A few more years with my Rzr and I plan on moving to the Honda Pioneer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I had a little time and took a drive down to Arkport Cycle. They have 1 pioneer 1000 which is on hold but I just wanted to see, touch and sit in one. It was hands down easy to get in and out of and had tons of leg room and the gas petal is far enough away it’s no issue. Now I just have to look at the differences between to 700 and 1000 as there is a fairly big jump I think between them. Getting closer!

• 3 months later...

Well after much debate and really wanting a sxs Honda pioneer but I decided to go with a new Ferris Zero turn for the yard. With my current JD garden tractor its gonna take me 2hr to mow the new yard. Id rather sit in a chair drinking a beer admiring the yard than spend hrs at a time mowing it. Im gonna keep the garden tractor for other yard projects and maybe in a yr or two ill swing back and do it. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Zag said:

Well after much debate and really wanting a sxs Honda pioneer but I decided to go with a new Ferris Zero turn for the yard. With my current JD garden tractor its gonna take me 2hr to mow the new yard. Id rather sit in a chair drinking a beer admiring the yard than spend hrs at a time mowing it. Im gonna keep the garden tractor for other yard projects and maybe in a yr or two ill swing back and do it. 

Was it difficult locating a mower? Been a real nuisance finding a trailer, SXS, etc, curious if mowers were difficult too.  Everything is selling prior to the dealers taking delivery.

12 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Was it difficult locating a mower? Been a real nuisance finding a trailer, SXS, etc, curious if mowers were difficult too.  Everything is selling prior to the dealers taking delivery.

Easy, my dealer in Lima had 2 in stock!!

• Like 1

Congratulations on the new Z.  My nephew bought a house with 4 acres of lawn. He wanted a UTV bad.  I told him how happy is his wife going to be taking care of two young kids when your mowin your lawn every Saturday for 4 hrs plus with a riding mower?  Scrap the UTV, and buy a Z turn. 

He listened.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Must have been C&B.  For future reference Leif's in Honeoye Falls is a good option. He doesn't stock a lot but can usually get what you want.

Yeah leifs has gotten worse and worse over the years. Know the family at c&c since a kid.

15 minutes ago, mowin said:

Congratulations on the new Z.  My nephew bought a house with 4 acres of lawn. He wanted a UTV bad.  I told him how happy is his wife going to be taking care of two young kids when your mowin your lawn every Saturday for 4 hrs plus with a riding mower?  Scrap the UTV, and buy a Z turn. 

He listened.   

Yeah you’re right on. I did a little test timing run on the mower and it took me almost 1 min to go one direction x1000 was all I needed to change my mind!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zag said:

I bought a new ferris in October, can't wait to fire it up this weekend for first cut. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I bought a new ferris in October, can't wait to fire it up this weekend for first cut. 

Did u get any accessories? Im getting the striping kit, Im debating the light kit.

7 minutes ago, Zag said:

Did u get any accessories? Im getting the striping kit, Im debating the light kit.

As a lawn guy... I hate striper kits. No lawn is the same. Humps, dips, valleys all effect the effectiveness of the kit.  

Set it to your lawn,  your fine.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Just the mulching kit and blades ... I opted for the kawasaki engine over the Briggs 

Im gonna give the briggs efi a shot. I looked at the bagger system but based on price im gonna wait and see how this year goes first as its my first year with this yard.