My son, Wolf, eats deer!

Arcade Hunter

I love my wolf I've taken 6 deer with it the past 3 seasons. Money loves the hornady SST 250 grain with 100 grain of 777.

It's  a very accurate load out of that gun. My furthest track job with this set up was about 50 yrds. Most of the deer have fallen right where they stood.

• Like 1

I went to the swamps (8G) to use the range there to sight in on Sunday after an early morning hunt.

Theres 4 or 5 burms that you can shoot into there and they were all occupied by shooting folks, so I just waited in line so to speak.  I soon realized that at each of the ranges, it was more of a social event than a shooting event.  Everyone is just standing around chatting and no one is shooting.  After waiting my turn for 40 minutes or so, not one shot fired by anyone, I left.

What gives at this place?  Is this place like reserving a picnic shelter or something?

5 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I went to the swamps (8G) to use the range there to sight in on Sunday after an early morning hunt.

Theres 4 or 5 burms that you can shoot into there and they were all occupied by shooting folks, so I just waited in line so to speak.  I soon realized that at each of the ranges, it was more of a social event than a shooting event.  Everyone is just standing around chatting and no one is shooting.  After waiting my turn for 40 minutes or so, not one shot fired by anyone, I left.

What gives at this place?  Is this place like reserving a picnic shelter or something?

Just found an old post about the swamps and I answered my own question... cannot shoot before noon.

I went back to the swamps yesterday afternoon and was able to get on a range immediately.  Met a cool guy that showed up to sight in his shotgun and let him share the range with me.  Never caught his name but it was fun shooting with him.  I am all sighted in and quite pleased with the results.  Absolutely love shooting this gun and wish I would have gotten one a long time ago.

How many shots do you guys take before swabbing out the barrel?  I ran a patch with cleaning solution after every 5th shot.  Also, I am using what I have this year... 250 gr powerbelts, CCI 209 primers and 100 gr white hots.  Originally I wanted to go to loose powder but Ill be using the gun starting on Saturday and these items are readily available at Natures Prize, just up the road from me.

After a meticulous and thorough cleaning last night, the gun is cleaner than it was when I purchased it.  I am using TC cleaning products and they all seem to perform very well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...