Thoughts on best area looking at my drawing

luberhill

Ok the area is hilly , and ridges and trees with a trout stream running thru, the area to the west of the creek is straight up hill after the first 50 yards.

my stand number 1 is half way up a hill next to a ridge ..

last night I saw a buck chasing a doe across the creek while in stand 1

my ground blind is in a small clearing next 50 yards from a dirt ridge 

stand number three is on the edge of a huge cut hay field facing a wooded hill leading to a ridge ..

im going back tonight thinking I should sit in stand 1 again if that was a hot doe 

thoughts ?

4519596F-DF88-4BB1-B43D-DBDA0D0E4F15.jpeg

1 hour ago, Splitear said:

I'd go for stand 3 or your blind. Too bad you don't have a stand in the area of your blind, that looks like a nice pinch point.

I do have a stand there but trouble is when deer come up the ridge trail they are almost at eye level..

they seem to ignore the blind .

I was thinking that stand 1 where I was last night may be worth going back to tonight if that doe is hot and still in the area

• Like 1

Something to consider is where those deer were crossing the creak, if you find a low spot in the creak that the deer use all the time that’s a nice pinch point. Yes your going to have the wind playing  havoc being at the bottom of ravine but if you can get a constant solid wind direction and hunt it at night with dropping thermals.you may connect. 

6 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Something to consider is where those deer were crossing the creak, if you find a low spot in the creak that the deer use all the time that’s a nice pinch point. Yes your going to have the wind playing  havoc being at the bottom of ravine but if you can get a constant solid wind direction and hunt it at night with dropping thermals.you may connect. 

Agreed.  Wind will be swirling in ravine for sure.   

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Known doe bedding locations?   

Well where my blind is I had gotten lots of doe and buck pics two weeks ago ,, it’s 30 yards off where there trails intersect .

In the last week or so only one for pic .. now it’s possible if they are traveling the one trail they are going behind my camera.

this area has had tons of rubs every year in the past .. I’ve only seen one fresh this year ..maybe too soon because I usually saw them during gun season..

this pic is near my blind..

I think the blind may hold my sent better ?

2DB1CBE3-7672-4EDA-A631-D5B454EDEC50.png

C32606C3-8C23-4F9B-BA12-DF7311C9A4B0.png

If this written map is lined up with W-E and N-S, I like the west edge of the long L shaped ridge to the east of blind #2 .  To have a treestand or blind just up the edge of that long L shaped ridge and being able to see to my west and also along the bottom of ridgeline on both sides and pinch point between the ridge and Creek if there is a saddle there that's even better.  And I would hunt it on a West wind. 

But tough to determine without walking it. Setup your spots based on Intel you get, deer sign and wind direction.  I've had spots I've hunted for years and still move stands around at times. 

It's one of the best parts of deer hunting is figuring out the puzzle.