Best way to find land ?

luberhill

3 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I will remember this if, I win the Lottery.  

There are quite a few people that buy land cheap inntax auction, log it , divide it and sell making tens of thousands in profits. And dont be afraid of asking price, doesnt mean thats what you will pay.

• Thanks 1

Get out and drive every road you see. Get familiar with the areas. When we decided to get our own camp, first we drew up our requirements...where, what was important for us to do, how close to home, etc. Then do NOT be in a hurry. If you are going to have the land for years, be patient. 

I love just wandering on my cycle. So once we got an idea of where we wanted to go I spent alot of time just back road wandering. We also monitored Craigslist, local papers and advertising. I think the best deals are from the owners, not realtors. Like has been pointed out, tax sales can be a great deal if you are ready to do something (for that matter, why look at all if you dont have the means set up?). If you find a place, be sure to check out the surrounding area and walk the property...alot!