Happy Veterans Day

ChrisW74

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Happy Vetrans day to all my fellow vets. Lets never forget those that dont get to enjoy the freedoms they sacrificed for. 

I lost one of my best hunting, fishing, and girl chasing buddys in Vietnam, as well as several other friends...Was a pallbearer at his funeral just  one month before I left for active duty myself.  It was the first time that I cried since I was 12 years old.... He never made it to his 21st birthday...

I still think about him nearly every day...... Thank you all for remembering  guys like him....

• Like 5

Thank you to all who served, here is a picture of some of my grandfathers medals for WWII rifle is for effect, I will say he carried and identical one for the better part of 5 years from North Africa, to Italy, France and eventually Germany. I have his coffin flag somewhere but didn’t want to dig it out for this pic

d1c7939fa9e47a1b61150345a3168595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of likes, Chef....Put me down for a BUNCH for your Grandpa's medals and that M-1....

I also have a WWII vintage M-1 ( 1943 Springfield reciever) and wonder what it may have witnessed ....

My Dad served aboard a Fletcher Class destroyer for over two years in the Pacific and saw LOTS of action...His ship was involved in many of the battles taking back the Islands from the Japanese, and suffered 30 + casualties from bomb hits..

However, he once told me that his main goal after serving  2+ years in the South pacific was to get back somewhere  that he could take a ****  without the sweat running down the crack of his ass.. He once spent 6 months without setting foot on dry land..Took on ammo, fuel and stores at sea... When I served aboard a destroyer in 1971-73, I spent no longer than  two weeks at sea at a time, and nobody was shooting at me....I can t imagine what he went through...

• 1 month later...