Getting in shape, whos doing it?

Geno C

Generally foods high in zinc like oysters and beef and beans. Other foods are garlic, broccoli and cabbage. There is a ton of info on the web that can help you out.

yup this is correct... when i get out of work ill list some stuff for you to read. another thing is watch your carb intake with cars that have HIGH GI. (Glucose index) when the carbs convert to sugars and your insulin levels spike, it will bring down your Test levels also...

I quit smoking last Sept and started working out same time, it was awhile before i really lost but i did tone and tighten. when i hunt i don't go to gym too much, when i go for vacation i don't work out. last summer on my vacation i started to drink and i drank for a few months. margaritas are BAAD! mixer comes in buckets, just add the tequila. . . . oh yea! I had original lost 25 lbs then gained 15 and then lost another 10. I started running sat, and man its hard. i just do a few min everyday. i started sit ups last week and do 30-50 a day, just not at once. i do cardio 5 days a week and weights 2 days. plus i take chester out on weekends. I am still learning how to eat. its all hard but i am getting better at all of it and loving life more now that i don't smoke.

I'm a walker, a kayak fisherman, and do a lot of light weight exercises and many bodyweight exercises(.I don't kayak much in the winter after the herring leave except to wach seals on calm days)

I don't know how good this is for my body,but every year I try to break my previous totals on certain exercises..

On my 60 th and 61st birthdays it was one arm pushups (did 35 with my right arm)...I started feeling that too much so I do no more then 10 per arm now and just do more sets.

At 62nd and 63rd birthdays it was regular pushups ( got to 110 this year, but I really felt it, so no more trying to break that).

My brother is 65 and still competes in powerlifting.. So I guess your never too old to push...

It sure was easier years back.. I wound up at the chiroprators a few times in the past years trying too hard I guess.

• Like 1

Well i guess everone has their own ways i work out with guys that hav serts.in working out and traing people for a living.And when i started i was trying to gain weight not loose it.Id say 90% of people in a real gym use protein.And by real gym i mean people than train for years or are serious about their workout..Not the ones werre people go once a week and think it will make a change..The protein i use taste fine and gives me the boost i need on top of the food i eat.Good luck on your workout mine is going great!!!

And if you dont belive me and you wants some FACTS..Google it and see how many pros use protein I would say 95% of them!!

~RSS~

bro, im ending this protein pissing contest with you... i NEVER said protein was not a key point in weight lifting or healthy living. But you talk about protein as if it THE ONLY thing that matters most about lifting weights and to let you know you are so far off base. you mention no other supplement to help aid protein synthesis or any other supplement that should go hand and hand with lifting and shakes. you should do you research better. you mention real gyms as if your the only one who has a real gym. Getting huge is in the past now, being built and very lean, defined or cut up is where its at and take much more discipline and harder work then throwing on weight...

again do what works for you, if your happy depriving your body of what it needs then go for it. Its funny because if your goals are to be big then your selling yourself short. there are so many other supplements you can take with your "Protein" that will help achieve goals quickly... but good luck to you

also a shake loaded with protein and natural fruit that is all sugar should be consumed as a post work out shake and really, thats it... if you do your homework excess protein also converts to sugar which will bloat the hell out of you and retain water...

I am trying to get in shape. 34 years old, and I am going to basic soon to see if I can hang with the 18 year olds????

you will not have a problem at all. Its funny because i find my body reacts to dieting and working out better now in my 30s then it did in my early to mid 20s. you will be fine, goodluck with basic!

And if you dont belive me and you wants some FACTS..Google it and see how many pros use protein I would say 95% of them!!

~RSS~

These pros you speak of...do they look like muscle bount wrestlers who have no neck and biceps are so big they can't reach back to wipe their own ass or do they look like professional scocer players. Because, frankly, I don't mind wiping my own ass.

These pros you speak of...do they look like muscle bount wrestlers who have no neck and biceps are so big they can't reach back to wipe their own ass or do they look like professional scocer players. Because, frankly, I don't mind wiping my own ass.

There will be a time when none of us will be able to wipe our own ass anymore!! lol. I cant wait to see the face on the person who has that duty!! No pun intended!

Many who strive to build muscle find out that it turns into flab once you stop or reduce the weight training. And as one ages, one surely WILL stop or reduce it. If you are going to exercise it's better to put more emphasis on the cardio part. In the long run the cardio guys will be healthier, have more stamina, and live longer than the muscleheads.

Many who strive to build muscle find out that it turns into flab once you stop or reduce the weight training. And as one ages, one surely WILL stop or reduce it. If you are going to exercise it's better to put more emphasis on the cardio part. In the long run the cardio guys will be healthier, have more stamina, and live longer than the muscleheads.

When I lived in FL, myself and some buddies were using anabolics and we got pretty big on it. Within a couple of months of not using it, it turned to flab and its been a struggle dealing with it ever since.