Full size decoys are used more often by the DEC to catch poachers.

I've seen them (Buck + Doe) used during the rut in late bow and firearm seasons, with good effect.

The horns on the decoys I've seen are removable, so the decoy can be used either way.

Mostly they were used in the Buck orientation, with the hunter rattling horns and grunting, mimicking a fight.

The fight was intended to bring in the dominant buck of the area, but they also had success in using it as a doe in heat too. 

Just remember that during the firearm season, you'd better make sure your up in a tree or behind a bulletproof barrier, as you might get shot at by a hunter thinking it's a real deer.

14 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Ive used them with great results. I would say a doe decoy is better than a buck, but both will work. most deer will travel 15-20 yards down wind of the decoy so set up appropriately 

Really , nice , and did you use them during bow , rifle or both?
I’m definitely gonna go snag one then and check it out ; even if it doesn’t get me one , I’d be interested in seeing how they react lol .  

On 11/13/2020 at 1:02 PM, Northcountryman said:

Really , nice , and did you use them during bow , rifle or both?
I’m definitely gonna go snag one then and check it out ; even if it doesn’t get me one , I’d be interested in seeing how they react lol .  

I've used them during bow and gun, but I really dont use them during gun anymore

20 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I've used them during bow and gun, but I really dont use them during gun anymore

Yeah , I definitely understand their efficacy during bow to draw them in closer once seeing it , but , for rifle , does it really add to your chances of success? Decoys are usually positioned in an area that’s fairly open right ? And if a buck spies the decoy , it’s most likely already close enough for a decent shot with a rifle , but , not necessarily with a bow 

2 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Yeah , I definitely understand their efficacy during bow to draw them in closer once seeing it , but , for rifle , does it really add to your chances of success? Decoys are usually positioned in an area that’s fairly open right ? And if a buck spies the decoy , it’s most likely already close enough for a decent shot with a rifle , but , not necessarily with a bow 

I mean, they'll either come closer or itll draw their attention to the decoy and not you. I dont use one out of safety during rifle season