Swazi - NZ hunting wear

Picked up a couple of fleece pieces from this New Zealand company due to a lot of positive reviews on rokslide.

https://www.swazi.co.nz/

image.thumb.png.5a0dea34cb857ad27ce3805969b5d756.png

Overall impressed with "The Hood". Thick, soft fleece. Wore it upland hunting yesterday and it was very warm. I like the extra length in the body and the deep zipper making it easy to get in and off. I wish the collar was tighter (personal preference) and there was a way to open the cuffs for venting. 

$80 NZD = $55 USD and an extra 20% during a recent sale.

Shipping was reasonable and very fast.

19 minutes ago, left field said:

Picked up a couple of fleece pieces from this New Zealand company due to a lot of positive reviews on rokslide.

https://www.swazi.co.nz/

image.thumb.png.5a0dea34cb857ad27ce3805969b5d756.png

Overall impressed with "The Hood". Thick, soft fleece. Wore it upland hunting yesterday and it was very warm. I like the extra length in the body and the deep zipper making it easy to get in and off. I wish the collar was tighter (personal preference) and there was a way to open the cuffs for venting. 

$80 NZD = $55 USD and an extra 20% during a recent sale.

Shipping was reasonable and very fast.

How’d the hunt go?

3 hours ago, left field said:

@Versatile_Hunter

8A61D1A7-003C-40C6-9975-94CE089C8EC5_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.57b71b1366eac8d1ac7ae8b06dfc2ae1.jpeg

I saw another post that you upland hunt. I want to get into grouse more but they are hard to find with any consistency around me. Where do you hunt?

Very cool!  I’ve been looking for grouse in DEP and DEC land in the northern Catskills - mostly in Delaware county. I have a dog and we’ve put a few this season but I haven’t been able to bag one. You hunt with a dog? 

I’m also in Delaware County - Bovina area. 

I have grouse on my property but finding a good population is tough. I’ve been cutting down sections of forest to create habitat. In fact, tomorrow I’m going to knock down five large poplars to force them to produce new shoots in the spring. 

I use a friend’s Wirehaired Pointing Griffin. Have another pal with two GSPs who are currently hunting in South Dakota. 

What kind of dog do you have? 

10 hours ago, left field said:

I’m also in Delaware County - Bovina area. 

I have grouse on my property but finding a good population is tough. I’ve been cutting down sections of forest to create habitat. In fact, tomorrow I’m going to knock down five large poplars to force them to produce new shoots in the spring. 

I use a friend’s Wirehaired Pointing Griffin. Have another pal with two GSPs who are currently hunting in South Dakota. 

What kind of dog do you have? 

I love the hill country north of Pepacton. We’ve stayed in Delhi and Andes a few times. I have a GWP.  Good for you for managing for grouse! Do you have a forester or are you doing it solo?