New members to the stable.

I have been in the market for a 357 revolver since spring, the market can just be described as crazy, between the "sleepy one" getting elected, Cuomo's covid shutdowns and plain old panic buying it is not easy to find what you want. Things are not looking good when it comes to firearms and ammo, when items are found online they are now selling at scalper prices. I was in a "Runnings" and a "Bass Pro" yesterday and the shelves were bare when it came to reloading components (especially primers), ammunition almost none and a poor selection of firearms compared to the past, the Obama era all over again but worse.

Clear to me I had to make a move before things become impossible so I purchased a Ruger GP100 357 revolver with a 6 inch barrel. The GP100 is similar to the old smaller framed Security Six which I owned at one time and while not my first choice it will suffice, I have trigger springs, different grips and sights arriving shortly and I believe it will perform to my expectations when I am done messing with it.

Also purchased a new 22LR Target-Squirrel rifle, a bolt action Christensen Arm "Ranger", I have a little US made Burris mini 6X target scope laying around that was needing a home badly, the 5lb Ranger matched up and fit the bill for this little scope perfectly and it should be a Squirrel hunters delight.

Still have not killed a Deer yet so I will be concentrating on that for the most part but as soon as possible my attention will turn to these two newbies and they will get a good wringing out and provide me some winter fun.

2020-11-13_091211.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 11

44 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Is that a carbon fiber barrel on the Christensen?

Yes the barrel is a tensioned carbon fiber, it has been hand lapped and has a match chamber. The stock is also carbon fiber. The trigger is a new Remington 700 trigger and the magazines are 10 shot Ruger 10-22s, a real conglomeration that makes for a pretty neat lightweight package.

Al 

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

Since you have springs on the way, take a look at some hammer and trigger shims.https://triggershims.com/ruger_double_action.php
My wife’s GP and my SRH both received a full helping of hammer/ trigger springs and shims with a thorough polish on the internals. They both have fantastic triggers.

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, airedale said:

Cold and a little windy but I could not stand it and had to fire a few out of the Christensen Ranger and get it zeroed. Got her on paper half way decent with federal ammo, she looks to be very promising accuracy wise.

Fives shots at 25 yds

Al

2020-11-13_134903.png

Al..Seeing that picture almost makes me feel a little guilty for blasting a couple of squirrels today with my Win M12 16 gauge.....They tasted pretty god supper, however...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1