Anybody ditch cable?

Doewhacker

I had an appointment to switch to FIOS last Friday. I would be getting the triple play from them for 74.95 a month for 2 years. Cablevision

called me the night before (they knew I was switching) the disconnect and gave me the same price for the two years. Needless to say I'm still with Cablevision.

I never understood why the cable companies don't cut long time customers some deals, the new customers get better deals than some one that pays the bill every month for years. Theiving bastards!

I looked into a bit more, there is a live sports site you can get through boxee, so in theory I can watch any sports that are on the internet...sounds sweet.

I don't have cable, or any sort of other service. We watch TV very little here-- I rarely have time for TV!-- so we just have Netflix (which we have on our TV set thanks to a gaming console hookup). It's around $8/month and for the times we want to plop down and watch something we can always find something on there.

It would probably be a different story if we watched sports, but even that you can find streaming online if you don't mind the quality.

• Like 1

We had cable, went to Direct, now have Dish & wish we had Fios in our area but don't. I say Direct is the best so far & will go back to them when contract is up with Dish. Only thing is who knows what will happen when direct contract is up with Msg, loose Sabres again?

Oh you mean an olympic gold medal winning goalie? B)

Cant win if you arent being agressive and getting to the puck! Millers been under siege all season mostly because they cant keep their front line intact between injuries and players that get big contracts and then play like sissies! I wont name any names though lol.

• Like 1

Oh you mean an olympic gold medal winning goalie? B) .

Yea thats the guy, the one with the 3.07 gaa ranked 42 out of 45 right now..lol

At least he can cry himself to sleep at night on his gold medal.

I expected more out of the Sabers this year, maybe they can turn in on the rest of the season.

Oh you mean an olympic gold medal winning goalie? B)

Cant win if you arent being agressive and getting to the puck! Millers been under siege all season mostly because they cant keep their front line intact between injuries and players that get big contracts and then play like sissies! I wont name any names though lol.

when they did the fan appreciation thing wear your old slug jersey and get 41% off a new jersey i got a meyers jersey and boom he end up not showing up to play this season. i agree 100% im also a sabres fan and sabres and bills fans stick with their teams when they are good and in bad slumps go sabres

when they did the fan appreciation thing wear your old slug jersey and get 41% off a new jersey i got a meyers jersey and boom he end up not showing up to play this season. i agree 100% im also a sabres fan and sabres and bills fans stick with their teams when they are good and in bad slumps go sabres

I got rid of all of my slug shirts, only have a hat now. I do have a Miller home jersey though!