Tripod Stand

SuperMag

Does anyone hunt out of a tripod stand and how do you like it? Theres a spot on the piece of land i hunt where theres no trees to hang a regular stand in and I've been considering trying out a tripod possibly next season. The spot I'm wanting to hunt is three fields of goldenrod separated with hedgerows. I feel like a tripod might stick out like a sore thumb to a deer but maybe someone who uses one can chime in?

I have one on my son's small property . We anchored it to a couple of small trees . They aren't that steady and I wouldn't climb into it when we had it in the open area where we had set it up . It certainly would stick out in an open field . If you could tuck it into a hedge row and anchor it , you might be okay . 

Tripod 2.jpg

TriPod stand.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, mowin said:

Cousin has 3.   Fantastic for rifle, not so much for bow.  His are the open ones you see a Walmart.

Right , you have to stand up to shoot over the rail on the TriPod stand . I had to modify the seat platform as it put me too close to the rail . I wasn't concerned about being able to shoot in 360 degree direction . 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SuperMag said:

Id only be using it for rifle if i were to go ahead and try it. If i do it i will be tucking it in the best i can otherwise I'm sure they'd bust me every time. I'd also like to get one with a blind around the rails for extra cover.

My cousin has the top and blind around his. Definitely helps.