Personality Conflicts

Dave

Ladies and Gents it seems that there is a lot of personal attacks going on lately. To help move these conflicts to another domain I would suggest that you Personal message each other. That the rest of us can continue to discuss these threads in a civil manner. Plus it just shows the members how vindictive, juvenile

you guys are. There is a certain clique on this site and you know who you are and how you try to impress each other at the expense of others. Agree to disagree is fine, but lets be civil if you can't then move on to another thread.

• Like 1

The common trend I see:

Phase 1 - A interested thread will start normally. Everyone contributes.

Phase 2 - One person or group will attack another person or group. The opposition retaliates.

Phase 3 - The name calling, finger pointing starts to dominate the thread.

Phase 4 - Everyone else starts to get bored or discussed and tune out. One by one, they stop following the thread.

Phase 5 - The thread becomes nothing more than a few people bashing each other. No one else follows it.

Ladies and Gents it seems that there is a lot of personal attacks going on lately. To help move these conflicts to another domain I would suggest that you Personal message each other. That the rest of us can continue to discuss these threads in a civil manner. Plus it just shows the members how vindictive, juvenile

you guys are. There is a certain clique on this site and you know who you are and how you try to impress each other at the expense of others. Agree to disagree is fine, but lets be civil if you can't then move on to another thread.

Well said Dave!!

Thats what happens when you have literally hundreds of individuals with many different out looks. Every forum is the same... There are always a few bad egss who intentionally stir the pot to create drama. Many threads can go smooth, some do most dont. Nothing any one person can do unless you bite your tounge but sometimes you cant. Sometimes it makes it interesting, you as a member have every right to move on when you see things turn negative...

Opinions will always vary but that does not mean you have to demoralize, put down or otherwise subject someone to harassment. This is a great site, one of my favorites but when dealing with joe public just like in public hunting, you will always get some who have no courtesy, repect or any care for anyone. I would make it policy that stuff will not be tolerated if I was admin, no need for it...

Make your point in a intelligent form and respond how you would want to be responded to.
Opinions vary and are usually based on experiance and no two people will have the exact same experiences... Just because you do not agree with someone does not give you the right to subject them to ridicule. Read your post before you hit POST out loud and ask yourself, would I be upset if someone sent this to me???

This is suppose to be a place that unites us yet I see many who live off the anguish and demoralization of others. Plain and simple if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything if you can not be civil about it. Can you say FAMILY site? Although dominated by adult males, I believe this is a family site...
  • Like 1

I think the most interesting part of any forum is the personality conflicts... real people saying what they wouldn't say to someones face... it lets some of the weak ones get to say what they feel... it lets stupid ones get in the conversation without being interrupted... it takes all kinds to make up a good forum in my opinion and I think this is a good forum... conflicts or no conflicts I think in person we would all get along just fine... well, for a few hours anyway.. then I'm sure some of you would get on my nerves and I on yours...lol

I myself hardly ever post on this site anymore because of 3 or 4 different people who want to bash some posts of others. The worst part is if you read the posts of these few its so easy to see that they are clueless to alot of what they write about. Still a few guys that pm me about hunting letchworth or raising whitetails and the rest is i just get on,read a bit,laugh a bit and move on!!

Opinions will always vary but that does not mean you have to demoralize, put down or otherwise subject someone to harassment. This is a great site, one of my favorites but when dealing with joe public just like in public hunting, you will always get some who have no courtesy, repect or any care for anyone. I would make it policy that stuff will not be tolerated if I was admin, no need for it...

Make your point in a intelligent form and respond how you would want to be responded to.
Opinions vary and are usually based on experiance and no two people will have the exact same experiences... Just because you do not agree with someone does not give you the right to subject them to ridicule. Read your post before you hit POST out loud and ask yourself, would I be upset if someone sent this to me???

This is suppose to be a place that unites us yet I see many who live off the anguish and demoralization of others. Plain and simple if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything if you can not be civil about it. Can you say FAMILY site? Although dominated by adult males, I believe this is a family site...

Well said, society has always had varying and diverse beliefs and attitudes, but we would hear each other out. It seems the norm now to simply attack someone for their opinion/beliefs rather than rebutt and offer an opposing opinion and start an honest debate.

I think the most interesting part of any forum is the personality conflicts... real people saying what they wouldn't say to someones face... it lets some of the weak ones get to say what they feel... it lets stupid ones get in the conversation without being interrupted.

Joe, I think comments like this is what starts the conflict. Like you are looking to argue with someone, not having a discussion. How can you make statements about people you don't even know. Amazing the assumptions you make about people. You know what they say about people who ASSUME?

Edited by Dave
  • Like 2

There are a lot of good points made here.I have been a member of quite a few forums over the years and all I can say is that this one is the only forum where flamming is tollerated.I almost don't want any part of it anymore. This is a hunting forum,or so I thought.It seems all it is anymore is a pissing match.Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing,but some of these threads go too far.Why have moderators,for what? It's a shame it's gone this far.

You guys are a bunch of Casper Milquetoasts. What members are you talking about beside RifleSHARTshot. (sorry RSS it just came out that way, pun intended) Me? I think most of the sarcasm goes over some of your heads. For every thread you speak of, there is one like this one.

p.s.

It would be cool to have an adult section here, this would weed out the Nancies. Then we could share some even funnier jokes! So pm me if I offend you.

• Like 1

I dont think i have ever been offended on this site. In real terms i dont give at rats a$$ what anyone thinks of me. I just think the few that seem to slam alot of posts on here or turn them into a statement like above that just begs for an argument should mabey think before posting. There will be no site if you dont have disagreements.

Sharing information is one reason why forums like this exist.

ANOTHER reason, is that these forums provide ENTERTAINMENT.

If it becomes TOO sterile, the entertainment value is reduced...

Hmmmm.. I think it's time for my nap...

Wake me up when it gets interesting... :bye: ...

• Like 1

Sharing information is one reason why forums like this exist.

ANOTHER reason, is that these forums provide ENTERTAINMENT.

If it becomes TOO sterile, the entertainment value is reduced...

Hmmmm.. I think it's time for my nap...

Wake me up when it gets interesting... :bye: ...

lol

i mean its the off season of hunting right now. what are we supposed to talk about? politics?? i think there were a few of those alone this week...