Looking for a single pin sight - opinions

moog5050

So I am planning to set up a new compound and am looking for opinions from those that use them on a single pin sight.   Criteria are vertical pin, large aperture (close to 2"), bright .19 pin, and one that will slide smoothly and easily for longer distances but locks in solid.   I am thinking I can set it at 25 and not touch it for shots to 35 or so by simply aiming a few inches high.   Let me know if you have one you love.   Thanks.

I use a round stationary single pin.  I sight in at 20yrds, and I'm 4" low at 30, which is my max range. I kept drilling my peep out until the sights aperture fit perfectly in the peep at full draw. Making it easier to verify my anchor point.   It's been working for me for many years. 

• Like 1

I use a trophy ridge react one sight.  Love it.  Shoot it at 20 and 30 and it presets the rest.  Mine is good out to 100.  Only issue is it is heavy as hell.  Maybe the newer styles are better. Only issue I've had is the turn knob came loose but just tightened it back up with the set screw.  I leave it where it's at and just aim a little lower when they are close.

20201115_134450.jpg

20201115_134440.jpg

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1

Another vote for the Apex Covert Pro. I've used mine for 3-4 years now and love it. I leave mine set at 25 yds and hold high or low if I don't have time to adjust. Battery lasts forever, no pin post to block any of the sight picture.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, grampy said:

I used HHA on my old bow for years and loved it! Has everything you mentioned on your wish list too. I set mine at 20 yards and was good to 30 just aimed a touch higher. Never had an issue with it.

Mr TC3 has offered to send me an HHA to test.   I have yet to shoot a deer past 35yds and have killed my fair share over the past 9 years.  If I can set at 25 and just aim slightly high to 35, I would likely never need the slider except when practicing.   Seems ideal to me.  Especially with a brighter pin and no clutter.  

4 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Mr TC3 has offered to send me an HHA to test.   I have yet to shoot a deer past 35yds and have killed my fair share over the past 9 years.  If I can set at 25 and just aim slightly high to 35, I would likely never need the slider except when practicing.   Seems ideal to me.  Especially with a brighter pin and no clutter.  

Pin is bright with no clutter like you say. I didn't move mine for years! Just got used to aiming a touch higher for longer shots. With your arrow speeds, you won't need to adjust near as much as I did. 

I think it will be a good fit for ya buddy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moog5050 said:

So I am planning to set up a new compound and am looking for opinions from those that use them on a single pin sight.   Criteria are vertical pin, large aperture (close to 2"), bright .19 pin, and one that will slide smoothly and easily for longer distances but locks in solid.   I am thinking I can set it at 25 and not touch it for shots to 35 or so by simply aiming a few inches high.   Let me know if you have one you love.   Thanks.

What’s this new bow you speak of??

I have an HHa and love it. Like your first post, I leave mine at 25yds. I know how to aim 0-35yds leaving it like that. When I did a 3D shoot I actually slid it to exact yards and it worked amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, chrisw said:

Another vote for the Apex Covert Pro. I've used mine for 3-4 years now and love it. I leave mine set at 25 yds and hold high or low if I don't have time to adjust. Battery lasts forever, no pin post to block any of the sight picture.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

X3. I got.one this summer and love it. The pin size is adjustable which is neat. You can't get a better sight picture in my opinion.

• Like 2

Biggest thing is weight. They're all pretty heavy. 3D bow I'm hunting with now has an HHA ultra single .010" pin and bigger 2" housing. Pin is more than bright enough with the rheostat cover nice. I never lock it down. Tight enough to stay but I can move the dial on the fly. No 3rd axis but I've done just fine.

New bow I have yet to setup is wearing my Axcel Accutouch. Built solid and tons of features but you pay for it. All axis leveling, rheostat with .019" pins, accuclicks to get you to whatever yardage without looking... I've got 3 pins but the single pin housing is cleaner reference in the peep and cheaper. Lol

Shop owner I know uses black gold sights and really likes them. I don't have experience with them though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk