Rut Strategy

nybuckboy

I was reading an article about rut strategies that just make so much sense. We all hear about setting a stand on good food to bedding trails but this article talked about cross trails. I read and heard others talk about bucks cruising  parallel to field edges back off the edge 50 yds but the solidifies those discussions. 

Find that food to bed trail and look for the cross trail a few yards off the field edge and follow it and see how many bisecting food/bedding trails it intersects. You don't need to concern yourself with scrapes or rubs just that putting in the time on that bisecting trail during those rut days will pay off. I would suggest setting 2 stands so you have the option depending on the wind. 

Thoughts?

Edited by nybuckboy

With tremendous hunting pressure , such like we’ll see come Saturday morning , I think all bets are off and that becomes THE most improved factor determining deer movement . I like to setup in areas where I know other hunters enter Enmasse  and , in particular , will look for thick cover such as evergreens , briar patch’s and swamps . The deer come to know The places hunters don’t like to go and quite often , that’s where they’ll be , at least till the pressure subsided a bit . 

• Like 2