Using my Climber for the first time

23 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

The only thing that I would add is a little tip. Carry a screw-in step to put under your seat cable for added insurance. And a screw-in pack holding hook to hold your gear bag. I used to love climbers and had a lot of success using them. You get to customize your setup to fit the tree as you like. Just avoid Shagbark Hickory. Very noisy to get a climber into and the plated bark makes it very hard for the cable to grip. Enjoy and good luck.

Screw in step huh , great idea ! I have a few extra and will do that , thanks 

I use a climber almost all the time whether I am bow hunting or gun hunting. I carry my climber, a small back pack, and a fanny pack with me when I go in. Most of my spots are quite a ways in too, so I had to figure it out by trial and error until I found a system and arrangement that worked for me.

Now, the setting up in the dark. Even though I have used climbers for years, the first time I go in every year, I imagine it sounds like Santa's Workshop with all the fumbling around that I do. But, the funny thing is, when the sun comes up, the woods come to life just like every other morning. My best advice is to just get good at setting up and using your climber, and use a harness from the time you step on til the time you step off.

Anymore, I just wait until there is a little grey light to see by, and hook up and climb up the tree. Much easier than doing it in the dark.

• Like 2