Big Boar Lodge

Skillet

Hunting report please.

My oh my....................talk about suspense, WOW!

How'd you do, have a good time?

Sorry guys. Problems at home, hunting is the least of my worries. Probably won't be back here for awhile. Trip was nice.

• 4 months later...

I hunted at a preserve when I was 12 for a Boar, it was a blast. I went with a friend and his son for again a Boar hunt, and again, it was a blast. The boars were no different than the ones I hunted in TN. The only difference was their address! Fact is, I have hunted deer around suburbia that were as dumb as a box of rocks until they were educated by me filling tags. As far as a fence goes, who cares? If it's a sizeable partial of land, hunting with or without a fence means nothing, the animals adapt and avoid the hunters . Truth be known, fences are the only way to keep the trespassers out and the concept of management in.

I live in PA and have an honest job that pays good. I can't afford to go to Africa to hunt, but I might me able to swing a hunt in Texas. A preserve hunt can afford a guy the opportunity to hunt a species not native to our area. Not everyone has the funds to travel all over the world to hunt, be realistic.

If you are hunting a a seriously confined area, that is a canned hunt and should be considered unethical. 300 acres of land with hogs as far as I'm concerned is no different than 1000 acres without a fence. I see guys with guns and scopes setups capable of killing an animal 1,000 yards away. That can be labeled as unfair, but who am I to judge. Should we all be subjected to shooting a rifle only capable of killing an animal at 50 yards and open sites.

To each his own. I say go get em, have a good time.

Edited by ProCircuit
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...