Dmp tags.

G-Man

Wow it crazy the number of dmps goven out this year, everyone that was turned down initially i know got a letter giving them one , eveyone in camp now has one ( this is in a low to zero chance for second permit area) normal year 4 to 6 tags in camp out of 10 people , this year 10 for ten including one that got 2!! Yes two for thsi low chance area with no chance for second!!

So i figured system is screwed up , but then i started Thinking, perhaps they have released more trying to possible escape the effects of ehd downstate here. Another though was they released more expecting a shutdown with covid and are giving a chance for meat to as many as possible.

Anyone else see the same thing in wmu you hunt in? Just doesnt make sense to me unless this is reason ,or new system is so scred up its out to wipe out the herd

8 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Anyone else see the same thing in wmu you hunt in? Just doesnt make sense to me unless this is reason ,or new system is so scred up its out to wipe out the herd

Last year between the neighbors on either side and the three of us who hunt our place, I got one landowner’s tag. This year we all got doe tags. And one of the three here is an out of stater.

8 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Last year between the neighbors on either side and the three of us who hunt our place, I got one landowner’s tag. This year we all got doe tags. And one of the three here is an out of stater.

What are odds fornout of state hunter in your wmu?

Just heard this ( although its a month or two old ) .... has anyone ever hunted the Doodletown Wildlife Management Area 4Z ? Its located in Columbia County - 1078 acres and they were giving out DMAPs to help control the Deer Population ! This was posted on the DEC site on Sep. 25 , 2020 .... https://www.dec.ny.gov/press/121443.html