New York Record Bear ??

Early

Does anyone remember the black bear mount at frontier town ? ( Adirondacks) I thought that was a massive bear ? But I was a kid the last time I was there. It was when you walked into the gift shop area I think ?

• Like 1

hey guys my name is Brian can 1 of yall that have a newer nys big buck club book tell me if im in it for a black bear should be aroun #50 in nys 20 1/16 let me know if im in there id like to purchase a book yr is in the neighborhood of 2005 or so cant remember thanks pm me if any one finds out thanks.Brian

guys thanks ny antler was able to verify that i am in the 15th edition ranking 47th in the gun category. Ill have to look into getting that book.. Thanks for checking that for me, i sent in all the paper work and pics and $ never seen a book... Ill check into it thanks again..Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Good God...The bear that stood on it's hind legs leaning on the truck that one morning was taller than me but no where near as big as those bear...That was scary enough, I can't imagine having a live bear that size so close...We have more than a few around here ,not so big I'm afraid to go out at night in the woods,yet

we're seeing more bear around here and across the boarder into VT but almost all are between 150-300 dressed and plenty mature enough when the tooth results came back.  i feel any record bear weight wise will end up being a dumpster or dump bear from suburbs.  i'll take length and skull size over that kind of weight any day of the week.  can't taste that great, especially compared to a bear on corn, alfalfa, and berries.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/30/2012 at 8:34 AM, Early said:

Anyone know the size of the biggest black bear ever taken in NY?...Where?? and When??

Thanks,

Early

Big Bucks 2013 issue =On -11-19-11 / 22-7 score  (Gun)Black Bear Green County , NY - Anthony Ugarte= Big Bucks Club....not sure since then