Ammo

Buckmaster7600

On December 6, 2020 at 1:43 PM, airedale said:

Things are getting real bad quick, the price gouging is getting started and the prices are spiraling. Went over on the gun auction site to see if by chance there were any buys on 22 LR ammo, prices are nuts.

A few months ago one could buy bricks of decent ammo comparable to what is below in the $25 range give or take a couple of buck. Only $210 more and still climbing and don't forget to add on the $20 shipping!

Al

Who is doing this gouging??  It's our fellow gun owners that's who.  People blame the anti-gun crowd for these shortages when the reality is that some of our fellow gun owners are creating these shortages so they can profit off of us.  Lots of bad apples on the pro-gun side, too.  

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

Who is doing this gouging??  It's our fellow gun owners that's who.  People blame the anti-gun crowd for these shortages when the reality is that some of our fellow gun owners are creating these shortages so they can profit off of us.  Lots of bad apples on the pro-gun side, too.  

X2 ..... Its hard to imagine the anti-gun crowd buying ammo so the Gunners can't get them ! Just doesn't make sense !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

X2 ..... Its hard to imagine the anti-gun crowd buying ammo so the Gunners can't get them ! Just doesn't make sense !

It's the typical rhetoric of today.  They always put the blame on the other political side.  People should look at themselves in the mirror once in a while because many times you don't need to look any further.  

23 minutes ago, steve863 said:

It's the typical rhetoric of today.  They always put the blame on the other political side.  People should look at themselves in the mirror once in a while because many times you don't need to look any further

Not making excuses for price gougers of any kind be it toilet paper or ammo but this whole situation has been brought on  by who is now going to be in the White House and his party's stated platform on gun control! 

A year ago there was no problem finding or buying ammo!!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

I asked one of the mangers at  Cabelas  this  he said its 2 things covid19 made the ammo factory's shut down for months and now there backlogged  plus  the rise in demand because of  Political uncertainty .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

Years ago, I realized I had more firearms than I could ever use for anything other than range fun.  What I did not have was enough ammo to last me for the rest of my life if a shortage occurred.  Even then there were rumblings of issues caused by the anti's in government ( read Democrats ) that would cause shortages or vast price increases.  I saw the hand writing on the wall.

It was then that I ( and many of my friends ) started buying bulk ammo for everything I did use, whenever I saw it for sale at a bargain price.  I also stocked up on needed reloading supplies.  My biggest concerns were storing all that ammo in a controlled temperature environment, how much space it would occupy and how much it weighed if I needed to move it.

Today I can see it was a good move and it paid off in large dollar savings.  Recently,  I've actually sold off a lot of the ammo I had that I knew I would never use before my time was up, and made a tidy profit when I did so.  ( The prices being paid for ammo today are insane ) Even so, I still have a lot of ammo for every firearm I would ever really use in the future.

Today I have the firearms I need and fewer that I just want.  But I have enough ammo for the firearms I need, to last me the rest of my life without ever buying more.  And as a last resort, I can reload the empties.

The moral of the story is foresight.  Just assume ammo will always be a good investment and stock up on as much as you can, when you can, as long as the price is right.  You can only carry so many firearms at one time, so you don't need 100 firearms, unless you plan on outfitting your own platoon.  What you need is plenty of ammo to feed the firearms that you really need.

If I should go to my reward with a ton of ammo to my name, my son already knows what to do.

Today my only concern is the government becoming aware of people like me and passing some oppressive law that says one can only be in possession of so much ammo.  I've heard rumblings from anti-gun politicians ( All Democrats ) about that as well.  I expect we will see that in the future too.  To that I will say what I said to the Safe Act.  I WILL NOT COMPLY!

Is this still a free country?  Sure, if being free to do only what they let you do, is your idea of being free.

I’ve always been amazed at those who aren’t prepared , for much of any type of mild disruption , be it a shortage or snowstorm . I could tell stories for hours just from work alone . The other day picking up a deer, 1,000 foot off the road in a muddy field, my buddy asked me why I had a shovel in the truck !
Lol there’s one in my wife’s car and both our daughters, along with blankets , flares , first aid kits , spare cash . You either roll that way or you don’t ,apparently.

Guns require ammo, flashlights ,batteries , we eat food , some folks only take cash for their work  , it’s prudent to have a stash of these and more on hand .

Im down to about a dozen 1lb green propane tanks ,  I just switched over to my spare 20lb tank on the grill, so today I’ll  resupply those , as well as replenish some items in our panty, When I need a new furnace filter, I don’t run to Lowe’s, I grab one off the stack next to the furnace .

Price gouging is a made up term by the Government used to placate those that don’t understand basic economics, along with those that don’t think it’s prudent to stock up at low prices .

I criticize no man or business for selling a legal product at a price they set, I’ll exercise my freedom by buying from them or not .

Ive bought from “ gougers “ before happily ! They had what I wanted when no one else did , its a tax one pays for getting caught with their pants down .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 4

I’ve always been amazed at those who aren’t prepared , for much of any type of mild disruption , be it a shortage or snowstorm . I could tell stories for hours just from work alone . The other day picking up a deer, 1,000 foot off the road in a muddy field, my buddy asked me why I had a shovel in the truck !

Lol there’s one in my wife’s car and both our daughters, along with blankets , flares , first aid kits , spare cash . You either roll that way or you don’t ,apparently.

Guns require ammo, flashlights ,batteries , we eat food , some folks only take cash for their work  , it’s prudent to have a stash of these and more on hand .

Im down to about a dozen 1lb green propane tanks ,  I just switched over to my spare 20lb tank on the grill, so today I’ll  resupply those , as well as replenish some items in our panty, When I need a new furnace filter, I don’t run to Lowe’s, I grab one off the stack next to the furnace .

Price gouging is a made up term by the Government used to placate those that don’t understand basic economics, along with those that don’t think it’s prudent to stock up at low prices .

I criticize no man or business for selling a legal product at a price they set, I’ll exercise my freedom by buying from them or not .

Ive bought from “ gougers “ before happily ! They had what I wanted when no one else did , its a tax one pays for getting caught with their pants down .

Couldn’t have said it better! Prices are what they are because people have failed to prepare and plan.

People have become too comfortable with the “run to the store to grab it” mentality, we are one small event away from that not being an option at any moment and most don’t realize it. The China flue was a tiny taste of that reality!

One day we will be the assholes because we aren’t willing to give away the things that we have due to our planning.

2 days ago I grabbed something from my buddy and he owed me 100$ for it when I brought it to his house. He had to go to atm to get the cash. Who in the hell doesn’t have a some cash in their house????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 6:48 AM, fasteddie said:

I haven't been in Sportsman's Warehouse in Henrietta in a while . They seemed to have a large supply of ammo . 

Here’s what it looked like two hours ago , plus a handful of more obscure and large moose killing type rifle cartridges. Oh and some bird shot .

FF4DE37B-805F-4CEE-BD5F-B482BC091188.jpeg

I think best move is to buy a little ammo all year. Right now hunting season, covid and a switch in the president has all the conspiracy weirdos buying ammo like crazy. I see guys buying ammo for guns they dont even own. My local gunshop has everything.  He didn't raise his prices they were always a little higher than the box store to discourage this panic buying.