Ammo

Buckmaster7600

51 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Just took a look at a NY based auction house's current auctions. They have one ending tomorrow that has some misc. firearms and ammo in the mix. An example of what they have: Western T22 .22 LR, box of 500 - 37.50 with almost 2 days left. I would not be surprised if this closes above $1 / round.

So u think it will sell for 500.00???

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

Just took a look at a NY based auction house's current auctions. They have one ending tomorrow that has some misc. firearms and ammo in the mix. An example of what they have: Western T22 .22 LR, box of 500 - 37.50 with almost 2 days left. I would not be surprised if this closes above $1 / round.

$1 around for .22???? Yesterday I bought a box of 525 .22LR for $98 on GB, it was painful.  What people want for 357 Mag ammo is out of control, thankfully my son reloads, but the days of going out to shoot just for fun are over for now.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 10.27.48 AM.png

• Like 2

I just talked to a person at a gun shop in Chautauqua Co. She told me the only ammo they are able to find is at estate sales. I do not know what the deal with ammo and estate sales is, but someone here may be able to take advantage of that info...

5 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

What I meant to say is that I wouldn't be surprised if that box of 500 goes for $100, so roughly .20 / round. That's right around what @Don_C says he paid. If .22 rounds ever actually hit $1/rd, I might have to find a new hobby..

If .22LR hits $1/round I might be able to retire 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Don_C said:

$1 around for .22???? Yesterday I bought a box of 525 .22LR for $98 on GB, it was painful.  What people want for 357 Mag ammo is out of control, thankfully my son reloads, but the days of going out to shoot just for fun are over for now.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 10.27.48 AM.png

So that box of 22s normal sold for ??