Ammo

Buckmaster7600

[mention=3682]The Jerkman[/mention] 's .300wbymag ammo is $97/box. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101818810?pid=140796 if you jar a scope on a flight, you're $100 in the hole to get back on track.

If you're lucky. Idk what it's going for these days. Probably more than 100 at this point yep plus tax and shipping so you're over $5 a pull. And that's if you can get it at retail.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

I can bore sight my gun to get on paper , after one shot dial it in so second and third shot are right on,,,

used three rounds ,,,

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If you can’t zero a scope in 3 shots you’ve got more trouble than 5$ a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideally you are sighted in dead on at 200 or 300 yds depending on the game.if you've just landed and pulled over on some public land, you certainly don't have a lead sled. your first shot is 100 or 200 yards to make sure you are on. If you aren't on paper, you already shot once. Now your 2nd shot is with boresight at what- 25yards? you're 3rd is at 100 and likely not exactly where you are want. The you go from there. You just flew across the country to hunt big game, you aren't trusting 3 shots IF the gun is way off from a jar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luberhill said:

I can bore sight my gun to get on paper , after one shot dial it in so second and third shot are right on,,,

used three rounds ,,,

I've been told that more than a couple of times. I don't dispute it, but I like to take 3 shot groups between adjustments. Different ranges, cool barrel, warm barrel, clean barrel, dirty barrel. Just to see what it does.

I was a very close tolerance toolmaker/machinist for the first 20 years of my career. Specialized in grinding with tolerances down to .00005. I know I don't have to be, but I get overly fussy with stuff like that. And I have fun with it.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 4

Ideally you are sighted in dead on at 200 or 300 yds depending on the game.if you've just landed and pulled over on some public land, you certainly don't have a lead sled. your first shot is 100 or 200 yards to make sure you are on. If you aren't on paper, you already shot once. Now your 2nd shot is with boresight at what- 25yards? you're 3rd is at 100 and likely not exactly where you are want. The you go from there. You just flew across the country to hunt big game, you aren't trusting 3 shots IF the gun is way off from a jar.

If you’ve done your home work with the gun you can adjust zero for whatever range you want at 100yds or 50 or 25 or whatever other range you have to work with.

If I knocked a scope off I’m buying a new scope. A quality scope and mount shouldn’t move!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If you’ve done your home work with the gun you can adjust zero for whatever range you want at 100yds or 50 or 25 or whatever other range you have to work with.

If I knocked a scope off I’m buying a new scope. A quality scope and mount shouldn’t move!

My only point was nobody is worrying about saving $50 by only shooting 3 times before a serious hunt. I usually take 8-10 shots after flying. No issues, but good to get in the groove the day before from different positions.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

My only point was nobody is worrying about saving $50 by only shooting 3 times before a serious hunt. I usually take 8-10 shots after flying. No issues, but good to get in the groove the day before from different positions.

My only point was you don’t need a box of bullets to get a zero.

I also don’t think a couple shots the day before a hunt makes a difference but I guess it can’t hurt.

• Like 2

My only point was you don’t need a box of bullets to get a zero.

I also don’t think a couple shots the day before a hunt makes a difference but I guess it can’t hurt.

15 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I didn't think so either. But I was 16 years old and missed a 130" buck 4 times standing broadside in the wide open at 200 yards sitting in a box blind with a nice shelf window rest. My Dad was sitting next to me and assumed I had buck fever. So he killed it and i missed 4 times in a row and the buck never moved. Turned out my gun couldn't hit paper at 50 yards. Not sure if it got jarred from flying or someone at camp messed with it. There was like 15 guys in camp and guns were in lockers, etc. Only 2 guys got bucks- someone got a nice 9pt, and my Dad shot the 130" 8pt. Ever since then i take a bunch of shots after flying lol.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I didn't think so either. But I was 16 years old and missed a 130" buck 4 times standing broadside in the wide open at 200 yards sitting in a box blind with a nice shelf window rest. My Dad was sitting next to me and assumed I had buck fever. So he killed it and i missed 4 times in a row and the buck never moved. Turned out my gun couldn't hit paper at 50 yards. Not sure if it got jarred from flying or someone at camp messed with it. There was like 15 guys in camp and guns were in lockers, etc. Only 2 guys got bucks- someone got a nice 9pt, and my Dad shot the 130" 8pt. Ever since then i take a bunch of shots after flying lol.

Those lessons stay with you for sure! Hard ones usually do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don_C said:

I took a ride out to DD's Ranch this morning. $40 a box for FMJ 9mm. They had quite a pretty good selection of calibers, including hunting ammo. Prices on hunting ammo wasn't bad, 30-06 was about 20% higher than "The before time"

They have any 20 ga sabots ?

I took a ride out to DD's Ranch this morning. $40 a box for FMJ 9mm. They had quite a pretty good selection of calibers, including hunting ammo. Prices on hunting ammo wasn't bad, 30-06 was about 20% higher than "The before time"

They where sold out when I called at 4:45pm.

6 hours ago, Don_C said:

Unfortunately that’s the price in many places , glad I have a few thousand rounds of 9mm ball . The guy who’s land I hunt called me the other day we shot  the breeze, he has a good supply but his 9mm is low especially HP carry loads, so,I’ve got a few boxes of ball and HP for him. 

My only low spot is 20ga sabots , I’ve got maybe 5 or 6 boxes , but most aren’t what I want , it’s just a back up gun but I’d like to grab 10 more of the one I use , they’ve on back order, so in  due time .

Edited by Nomad

If anyone sees any Lightfield 20 gauge slugs let me know!!

I’m also on the hunt for 9mm but I won’t pay 40 bucks a box. The stores around here like Runnings get it in just need to know when.

I thought Walmart stop selling ammo a long while ago??

If anyone sees any Lightfield 20 gauge slugs let me know!!

I’m also on the hunt for 9mm but I won’t pay 40 bucks a box. The stores around here like Runnings get it in just need to know when.

I thought Walmart stop selling ammo a long while ago??

For you guys that are into shooting handguns I recommend a product called G-Sight. I’ve had mine for a couple years and it really is a great training/practice aid. It’s also a lot of fun playing around with a few buddies. I had one at camp all year deer season and we played with it almost every night.

It’s a laser trainer that has an app on your phone that records the shots.
fb1d5734d48fbe21567745224b3f347d.jpg

• Like 2