Ammo

Buckmaster7600

It’s a perfect storm of covid , ( slowed production , shut downs , nothing to do so some started shooting more )then  riots , defund the police ,all added to current gun owners stocking up and created 8 million first time gun owners all needing gun food .

The election of Biden undeniably added to the demand, shops across the country reported lines out the door on Inauguration Day,  a bit late but that’s the fact jack  . But most of the Biden demand happened well before election night . It’s a four year occurrence , anytime it, looks like a Dem might have a chance the demand increases .

One ammo company spokesman, I recall saying the typical gun owner buys a couple boxes a year , that weighs heavily on setting  production schedules . Of course Gov. contracts , competitive shooters etc buy large amounts , but imagine all those two box a year guys now trying to buy ,6,8,10 boxes . Or in others words 3,4,5 years worth of ammo in one year .

I don’t expect to see ammo lining the shelves just sitting there for at least a year , well except for my shelves .

• Like 5

It’s a perfect storm of covid , ( slowed production , shut downs , nothing to do so some started shooting more )then  riots , defund the police ,all added to current gun owners stocking up and created 8 million first time gun owners all needing gun food .
The election of Biden undeniably added to the demand, shops across the country reported lines out the door on Inauguration Day,  a bit late but that’s the fact jack  . But most of the Biden demand happened well before election night . It’s a four year occurrence , anytime it, looks like a Dem might have a chance the demand increases .
One ammo company spokesman, I recall saying the typical gun owner buys a couple boxes a year , that weighs heavily on setting  production schedules . Of course Gov. contracts , competitive shooters etc buy large amounts , but imagine all those two box a year guys now trying to buy ,6,8,10 boxes . Or in others words 3,4,5 years worth of ammo in one year .
I don’t expect to see ammo lining the shelves just sitting there for at least a year , well except for my shelves .

Ray Charles saw this ammo shortage coming, if people weren’t smart enough to buy when it was available than they have to pay the stupid tax.

Me, I just got back in from shooting a whole bunch of sub .02$ 22lr at some new steel targets from a couple new pistols I recently picked up. As Ben Franklin said “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure.”

I’m hoping that people get sick of paying stupid prices or get sick of looking for ammo and start selling guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If you think that was a consequence of the election you really are dumb. It’s been this way since about early April. This is not anything new.

It really has been going on for quite a while. Let’s be real though, the destructive and violent rioting that was not only allowed, but encouraged by the left and their media, along with all of the anti police nonsense is what really lit it up. Suddenly millions of people realized you may forced to be your own 911 call. It just compounded from there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_C said:

I called my BIL in PA, he went to his local Dunham’s today for .223. $48/ box, I guess some of the big box stores are taking advantage now too...

I am not buying at the  inflated prices but also am not shooting much either.  If I find ammo that is regular priced I will ofcourse buy the allowed limit.

I understand capitalism but there are some in the middle that are inflating the prices due to high demand. My biggest fear is the federal tax or state limit on rounds one can buy in a given month.

• Like 1

I meant to post sooner but just forgot, I was at K&K in Varysburg the other day to meet up with Steve D, (awesome guy by the way!) They had a ton of .223 at $19/box. If you’re near there and looking it may be worth a call.

I meant to post sooner but just forgot, I was at K&K in Varysburg the other day to meet up with Steve D, (awesome guy by the way!) They had a ton of .223 at $19/box. If you’re near there and looking it may be worth a call.

$1 a round for 223 is still insane but seems to be the going rate Lately.

It really has been going on for quite a while. Let’s be real though, the destructive and violent rioting that was not only allowed, but encouraged by the left and their media, along with all of the anti police nonsense is what really lit it up. Suddenly millions of people realized you may forced to be your own 911 call. It just compounded from there.

First off I would like you to show me one post of any legitimate democrat Condoning looting and violence. 2nd of all you can just as easily blame the right for the lack of understanding of the black point of view on systemic racism.

That being said I think we can both agree that the initial comment made about Biden causing ammo prices to rise was pure ignorance

55 minutes ago, Don_C said:

I called my BIL in PA, he went to his local Dunham’s today for .223. $48/ box, I guess some of the big box stores are taking advantage now too...

A buck a round is what is going for around here everything from Tula to frontier for the same prices the same store makes no sense. But if you shop around components are not to bad if you can roll your own.

52 minutes ago, Chef said:

First off I would like you to show me one post of any legitimate democrat Condoning looting and violence. 2nd of all you can just as easily blame the right for the lack of understanding of the black point of view on systemic racism.

That being said I think we can both agree that the initial comment made about Biden causing ammo prices to rise was pure ignorance

So... you didn’t listen to Waters , Booker, Pelosi , Harris ?

Maybe they didn’t come right out and use the words but for sure they agreed with the actions ...

To deny that is to live in a fantasy world !

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Chef said:

H.R 127 being proposed with a Democratic majority in all branches and Beijing Biden signing EO’s and EA’s like a dictator is not helping prices. Along with him stating he is coming after gun right and ammo shipping, how would this not effect pricing and ammo hoarding talk about pure ignorance.

• Like 1

H.R 127 being proposed with a Democratic majority in all branches and Beijing Biden signing EO’s and EA’s like a dictator is not helping prices. Along with him stating he is coming after gun right and ammo shipping, how would this not effect pricing and ammo hoarding talk about pure ignorance.

I’m not saying it won’t in the future but what is going on now has been going on since the spring it’s nothing new. If anything blame trump

1 minute ago, Chef said:

I’m not saying it won’t in the future but what is going on now has been going on since the spring it’s nothing new. If anything blame trump

As someone who’s family owns a gun store trust me it has gotten much worse after November as far as ammo availability and training mostly concealed carry is at a very high demand. Also Democrats refused to condemn riots and looting on the house floor but I am sure you have already seen this in the political section and I will leave this thread to trying to source reasonable priced ammo.

• Like 2