Ammo

Buckmaster7600

First off I would like you to show me one post of any legitimate democrat Condoning looting and violence. 2nd of all you can just as easily blame the right for the lack of understanding of the black point of view on systemic racism.

That being said I think we can both agree that the initial comment made about Biden causing ammo prices to rise was pure ignorance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With respect, not arguing...I don’t care to spend any time showing anyone anything. I’m sorry but I have very good friends who are extreme leftists who throw the same line at everything, it doesn’t make things not true. It only means they don’t see things the way I do, or hear the things I do. Vice-versa.

I am no expert on anything at all. People will see what they choose to see. Including me.

We agree that the ammo crisis was not caused by Biden. But he sure fueled it. Again, only my opinion and I don’t know much about anything. Sorry to stir the pot, not my intention.

• Like 1

Anyways before this thread gets too off course, went on a WMart run and scored 3 x 100 federal  of 12ga #8 at the same old price of $21.99 each.. WOOT!!!

Nice! I picked up some #5 12 ga at Wally World today, it was nice to see something other than target loads and steel shot on the shelf.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Irrationality and ignorance that leads to panic buying toss in a
large smattering of opportunism and greed and this is what you get.
Pretty hard to be sympathetic to largly self induced situation.

There are always 2 sides of the coin/story. Some buy because we want to avoid the shortage or future taxes and then others are making it a  business to capitalize. Either ways keep buying :) at the price you like or can afford.

• Like 4

On 2/14/2021 at 2:12 PM, suburbanfarmer said:

There are always 2 sides of the coin/story. Some buy because we want to avoid the shortage or future taxes and then others are making it a  business to capitalize. Either ways keep buying :) at the price you like or can afford.

I agree with this. Personally I don't know anyone who is buying and selling, OR hoarding. I have been buying a box here and there when I come across it at a decent price, and I have overpaid a few times too just to build a little reserve. I now have enough hunting ammo for quite a few seasons, plenty of .22 for plinking and enough pistol ammo to feel like I can just replace a box whenever I get out to shoot, saying that I will continue to buy if I see a good price on anything I shoot.

I'm all over WNY any given week so I do stop at all of the usual places when I have a chance and will continue to post when I see anything available so others here may possibly benefit. 

• Like 4

On 2/14/2021 at 7:09 AM, fasteddie said:

Finding some different gun powder for reloading is a bit difficult now . Gotta  start looking local for R-19 to reload my son's 270 .

Theres powder everywhere. Especailly if you willing to drive an hour outside the city.. Ive bought RL 7, RL16, RL19, Varget, H380, and many other common powders in the last few months. Its there, you may jus thave to hit a half dozen shops to get what you need. I know a place in PA that has everything most anyone will want or need. As they control how much can be purchased. 

There two, general type of people , those who run to the store when they need something and those who store stuff at home . When my can of bee spray runs dry , I don’t put it on a list to buy, I just walk to, the garage and grab another .

I like to have a few years of ammo at home , that way I’m always supplied , no, matter what happens . Oh and there’s talk of Biden banning imported ammo, which makes up a lot of what is sold here , he’s on record as wanting to ban online sales of ammo as well . Crap now I may have to buy more ....

Don C thanks for,your posts 

• Like 4

Irrationality and ignorance that leads to panic buying toss in a
large smattering of opportunism and greed and this is what you get.
Pretty hard to be sympathetic to largly self induced situation.

This is true. My two cousins and uncle who have never had guns before purchased 7 guns between the 3 of them in 2020. They actually used the words panic buy in their reasoning for the purchase

I follow a  small ammunition maker that specializes in precision bullets and high end ammo. He sent out a message that a major Primer manufacturer notified them that they would not be taking any more backorders because the next 2 years of production is already spoken for. They are currently running at 7 days a week around the clock. He also stated that 2 powder manufacturers they use said the same but are out 1 year on spoken for production.  Doesn't look like any end in sight guys. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I follow a  small ammunition maker that specializes in precision bullets and high end ammo. He sent out a message that a major Primer manufacturer notified them that they would not be taking any more backorders because the next 2 years of production is already spoken for. They are currently running at 7 days a week around the clock. He also stated that 2 powder manufacturers they use said the same but are out 1 year on spoken for production.  Doesn't look like any end in sight guys. 

Ya , I’ve heard others say similar things , guys finding some ammo lately at places like Cabellas, did give me a little hope . 

At least canning jar lids are back in stock . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

At least canning jar lids are back in stock . 

Time to buy some for my pickles then. Get it when you see it. 

Thinking of canning a deer next year. Parents always butchered and canned a pig when I was a kid . 

• Like 1