Ammo

Buckmaster7600

I stopped at Cabela's on my way into the office this morning and there was quite a line waiting to get in at 8:55.  I'm not doing that.  So I went to my meeting and stopped at 10:30 on my way home and was surprised to see the shelves were still pretty well stocked. I picked up some 9mm, 100 round boxes for $30. 

IMG_0409.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Don_C said:

I stopped at Cabela's on my way into the office this morning and there was quite a line waiting to get in at 8:55.  I'm not doing that.  So I went to my meeting and stopped at 10:30 on my way home and was surprised to see the shelves were still pretty well stocked. I picked up some 9mm, 100 round boxes for $30. 

IMG_0409.JPG

Was there a lot of 9mm on the shelf? I might stop on my way home. 

6 hours ago, silent death said:

It is a lumber yard but they sell guns and ammo to lol welcome to green county  ya never know what store is gonna have stuff in it 

Thanks i'm getting a list of place togather and going to make some calls closer to the weekend.

The living upstate is totally different then down here,I'll take a box of 10 penny nails and a case of 9mm lol

There was, but there were probably 20 guys behind me too and it was hours ago. Worth checking though.

Wasn’t a complete waste of a trip. I picked up 17hmr for a friend and 2 boxes of 20ga #8 shells for $6.99 a box. I figured I got the 20ga almost 3 years ago I might as well buy some shells for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sometimes a guy has to eat crow, today’s the day for me. Talked to a guy at work yesterday that wants to bring his beagles over and chase bunnies tomorrow, had trouble sleeping last night with excitement. Woke up this morning to get my crap together before I head out ice fishing. Look in the closet and I have exactly 7 high brass 20ga shells. 13 cases of low brass 7 1/2’s, hundreds of turkey loads, a couple cases of slugs, hundreds of sabots and a couple thousand buckshot all in 20ga but only 7 of what I need. I guess I’ll be toting a big heavy 12ga tomorrow or risk scratching my 28ga ruger red label.

All the shit I’ve talked about people not being ready for this ammo shortage and now it’s me.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Sometimes a guy has to eat crow, today’s the day for me. Talked to a guy at work yesterday that wants to bring his beagles over and chase bunnies tomorrow, had trouble sleeping last night with excitement. Woke up this morning to get my crap together before I head out ice fishing. Look in the closet and I have exactly 7 high brass 20ga shells. 13 cases of low brass 7 1/2’s, hundreds of turkey loads, a couple cases of slugs, hundreds of sabots and a couple thousand buckshot all in 20ga but only 7 of what I need. I guess I’ll be toting a big heavy 12ga tomorrow or risk scratching my 28ga ruger red label.

All the shit I’ve talked about people not being ready for this ammo shortage and now it’s me.

Id roll with those low brass 7.5s. Bunnies are softer than Jerkman

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Id roll with those low brass 7.5s. Bunnies are softer than Jerkman

What Tacks said....I have had no  problems killing bunnies with low brass 7.5s in my  20  gauge IC/Mod  side/side...

I prefer 6s, simply because they put less pellets in the meat, not because I need the heavier shot to kill rabbits..

• Like 4

What Tacks said....I have had no  problems killing bunnies with low brass 7.5s in my  20  gauge IC/Mod  side/side...
I prefer 6s, simply because they put less pellets in the meat, not because I need the heavier shot to kill rabbits..

Just look at this example. Rabbits are wusses9af71d5acef9b04b48bbececfc2306e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Must be my lucky day, called my local gun shop and asked if they had any and he laughed, then we shot the shit for a minute and he says “wait a second, a just got a few cases of something in this morning but haven’t unpacked it.” A few minutes later he gets back on the phone and says “will Remington express XLR 6 shot work?” I said I’m on my way!

He only got 4 cases and only one were 6’s so I bought the case of 6’s and two 7 1/2’s, disaster averted!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Must be my lucky day, called my local gun shop and asked if they had any and he laughed, then we shot the shit for a minute and he says “wait a second, a just got a few cases of something in this morning but haven’t unpacked it.” A few minutes later he gets back on the phone and says “will Remington express XLR 6 shot work?” I said I’m on my way!

He only got 4 cases and only one were 6’s so I bought the case of 6’s and two 7 1/2’s, disaster averted!

It is good to hear they got them Remington lines fired up in time to cash in on this seller's market.

Edited by wolc123

6 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Havent been looking but noticed crosman has been ordering alot of stuff.The shop i work in makes the punches and dies for making co2 cartridges.must be a shortage there too!!!

I picked up a PCP air rifle in .177 recently.   No need for the CO2(which doesn't work in the cold).  I think alot of others have the same idea though.  So far pellets and BB's are available.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, loworange88 said:

I picked up a PCP air rifle in .177 recently.   No need for the CO2(which doesn't work in the cold).  I think alot of others have the same idea though.  So far pellets and BB's are available.

I practice with my pellet gun all year.The otherday i was in walmart and went to grab another tin of pellets.The aisle was packed with guys looking at pellet guns,so i did my shopping and went back a little later.There was only two guns left and no pellets.I just ordered a few tins online.Never thought it'd get this crazy.

• Like 1

My local Walmart has been basically empty back in sporting goods.  No Ammo, little to no BB or pellet guns.  Gander Outdoors has some, but nothing high end.  Pyramid air is your best bet right now.  

I’ve actually been looking into picking up a .25 PCP.  Some of the specs are not too bad for an air rifle.

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

I practice with my pellet gun all year.

If you are a shooter a good quality air rifle is at least for now is a good way to get productive trigger time in and power wise they are very capable of moderate range small game hunting on a relatively small budget.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, loworange88 said:

My local Walmart has been basically empty back in sporting goods.  No Ammo, little to no BB or pellet guns.  Gander Outdoors has some, but nothing high end.  Pyramid air is your best bet right now.  

I’ve actually been looking into picking up a .25 PCP.  Some of the specs are not too bad for an air rifle.

Explains the rush of crosman orders we have seen at work within last month,as mentioned in above post.punches and dies for co2 cartridges and roller assemblies to make .177 bb's.things have gotten ridiculous!!!

23 hours ago, airedale said:

If you are a shooter a good quality air rifle is at least for now is a good way to get productive trigger time in and power wise they are very capable of moderate range small game hunting on a relatively small budget.

Al

I originally bought it to squirrel hunt with here on long island.but it's to crowded around here to be walking around with what looks like a rifle.One cool thing I found out is you can take the scope off use the iron sights and put the scope back on wothout losing it's zero.

• Like 1