Ammo

Buckmaster7600

Did a little shopping on a recent trip to NC. Sold some handgun ammo that I had no use for to a forum member in PA. The proceeds put some cash in my pocket for the "souvenirs" I picked up. The local Wal Mart had the .22 Thunderbolt bricks on clearance for only $15! limit 2 per customer. I went back the next day and of course the rest were gone. I went into a gun shop and grabbed a box of Aguila .308 FMJ's for about $30. I grabbed them just because they were in stock, although in hindsight I probably shouldn't have since they're not a hunting round. Good for target practice though. I also picked up a complete BCA upper in .350 Legend from someone down there who had it on Armslist. Got that with 2 mags for $450. The mags will have to stay in the safe though. They're a little bigger than NY likes. Also while I was away, the lower build kit arrived. I'm picking up the lower receiver today. Now I'll be able to work on the build a bit once the spring yard work is out of the way.

4.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, phade said:

We stopped at two places in Ohio and both had more ammo than any store in NY that I’ve visited in months.

Picked up enough 243 to get me through and some Accutips for friends.

585C62DE-FEC3-4E02-B40C-CC34E775A0B2.jpeg

Damn

Anybody in the Capitol Region see any shotgun ammo, or have some for sale?  I've got ~8 rounds of turkey rounds left, plus a couple trash rounds, but I want to swap out the sight on this shotgun.  Not worried about the pattern, just want it shooting center at 20, but that will probably leave me dangerously low.  Been checking online for weeks and haven't seen a single shell outside 70$ tungsten loads, and even they are gone now.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, UpStateRedNeck said:

Anybody in the Capitol Region see any shotgun ammo, or have some for sale?  I've got ~8 rounds of turkey rounds left, plus a couple trash rounds, but I want to swap out the sight on this shotgun.  Not worried about the pattern, just want it shooting center at 20, but that will probably leave me dangerously low.  Been checking online for weeks and haven't seen a single shell outside 70$ tungsten loads, and even they are gone now.

I would rather not but i don't want to see anybody miss hunting. I could probably spare a box of winchester long beard XR in 12 GA. Shoot me a text if you really need it and i will look tonight.....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I would rather not but i don't want to see anybody miss hunting. I could probably spare a box of winchester long beard XR in 12 GA. Shoot me a text if you really need it and i will look tonight.....

Appreciated, not quite that hard up.  I have a few rounds, and a kindly forum member is going to sell me a couple boxes in case I miss another 3 gobblers this spring.

• Like 1

So I grabbed some ammo today and got one box of American Whitetail 7mm rem mag , 139gr lnterloc that I don’t need. Thought I was grabbing 7mm08 .

$30 , you pick up in Webster . 

On 5/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'm down to my last box of Hornaday heavy magnum 3in shell shot size 4 .I won't get turkey hunting this year if you need it .

• Thanks 1

Future son in law bought his first gun , a .22 semi auto, but they had no ammo for it , so I gave him 200 rounds . Got invited to lunch at my old firehouse , their new LT said his dad has an old 25-20 but there’s no ammo for that to be found , gave him a box of 50 . I don’t think they even make it anymore .

My Dad had one too and although I sold it, I had that box just sitting around for years . 

That was two happy fellas ! 

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 10:34 AM, Nomad said:

LT said his dad has an old 25-20 but there’s no ammo for that to be found , gave him a box of 50 . I don’t think they even make it anymore .

There are many old cartridges no longer available, if you are a handloader you can probably form usable brass cases from some still existing rounds the obsolete case is based on. I found this outfit "Ammunition Artifacts" that does a bunch of case forming obsolete cases for handloaders, not cheap but at least you can make some ammo for that old rifle or handgun.

Al

https://www.ammunitionartifacts.com/

• Like 1

Anyone see #10 or 11 percussion caps anywhere?  I've been playing with BP revolvers a lot lately, and I have more than enough powder and ball but I can't find caps anywhere.  It's a sad day when the ammo shortage has extended to early 19th century technology.  

• Like 1