Ammo

Buckmaster7600

19 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I could shoot that tree over, no problem. 

That’s how my friend from up North got their Christmas Tree, they’d shoot the top off a Ceder I believe . But then they’d put the Bullheads in the bathtub overnight and then clean them after school too .

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That’s how my friend from up North got their Christmas Tree, they’d shoot the top off a Ceder I believe . But then they’d put the Bullheads in the bathtub overnight and then clean them after school too .

We used to leave bullheads in the trunk with no water and theyd be alive the next morning, theyre tough as nails

• Like 3

Stopped a DSG in Wilton to pick up a few boxes of .22. They have .22lr, 30-06, 6.5 Creedmoor, 30-30, .308, 9mm and some 12 ga slugs. Not a lot of anything, but it was there as of 3:00 today. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 9:10 PM, virgil said:

You guys might already be familiar with outdoor limited.com. 
I had been looking for a particular 30-06 ammo with no luck. This place had it and ships to NY. Not cheap. 

I bought from them a couple weeks ago, my dad said he didn’t think the safe act allowed shipping of ammo to NY?

1 hour ago, Splitear said:

Stopped a DSG in Wilton to pick up a few boxes of .22. They have .22lr, 30-06, 6.5 Creedmoor, 30-30, .308, 9mm and some 12 ga slugs. Not a lot of anything, but it was there as of 3:00 today. 

I’ve been hitting the one near me. Slowly adding to my 9mm stock. The last week or 2, it has been a bit more consistent. Still cheaper than anywhere else. Can’t say the same for the Federal 22LR that they had though. Been hitting Walmart for that. 

On 6/17/2021 at 9:10 PM, virgil said:

You guys might already be familiar with outdoor limited.com. 
I had been looking for a particular 30-06 ammo with no luck. This place had it and ships to NY. Not cheap. 

I had Larry looking for 300 win mag for me and I happen to hit sportsman’s warehouse and they had norma for about $30 a box, online its $54.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I'm hoping your typical hunting ammo starts coming more readily available soon. Seems most on line and local are carrying 9mm from 57 to 70 cents per round . 

I’ve been paying .40 per for 9mm locally. As far as hunting Ammo, I bought everything that I could find last year as soon as things started becoming scarce. I’m good for the rest of my life now with about 2000 rounds of 6.8. 

I've been using  a ruger mini 30 rifle for gun season since my father bought it for my high-school graduation in 1994 . I have plenty of hunting ammo for it as I've always bought a box or two when I see it . For the life of me I can't figure out why all you see local or on line is the tula, wolf, brown bear, black bear what ever bear or red army ammo etc  . All these  are steel cased and dirtier then heck. I dont shoot any of that junk in my ruger. Just wonder why they are such readily available and the good stuff isn't . I've seen just about every hunting ammo caliber available on line a time or two except 7.62x39 

46 minutes ago, sbuff said:

I've been using  a ruger mini 30 rifle for gun season since my father bought it for my high-school graduation in 1994 . I have plenty of hunting ammo for it as I've always bought a box or two when I see it . For the life of me I can't figure out why all you see local or on line is the tula, wolf, brown bear, black bear what ever bear or red army ammo etc  . All these  are steel cased and dirtier then heck. I dont shoot any of that junk in my ruger. Just wonder why they are such readily available and the good stuff isn't . I've seen just about every hunting ammo caliber available on line a time or two except 7.62x39 

You’re seeing the steel cased junk because most people aren’t buying it. The good stuff is available here and there, but it goes quick. I try not to buy on gunbroker unless it’s something I really need, but I do check it often as I think it’s a good barometer of the market. From what I see prices are coming down and it’s usually a little more than what I pay locally. But more often than not, I’m seeing good stuff on there selling for less than what the junk steel cased ammo is selling for on some online sites. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

All Copper ammo too?

I haven’t seen much if any all copper stuff, at least in the calibers that I use.  I was able to get some custom loads, but only for 6.8. If you roll your own, there are copper projectiles available for most calibers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

You’re seeing the steel cased junk because most people aren’t buying it. The good stuff is available here and there, but it goes quick. I try not to buy on gunbroker unless it’s something I really need, but I do check it often as I think it’s a good barometer of the market. From what I see prices are coming down and it’s usually a little more than what I pay locally. But more often than not, I’m seeing good stuff on there selling for less than what the junk steel cased ammo is selling for on some online sites. 

I'm speaking of 7.62x39, your seeing that in good hunting ammo ? Man if so I'd love to know where 

Because that junk is made over seas and they aren’t having an ammo shortage so they aren’t having any issues getting they’re ammo on the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I meant to post this a week or so ago but forgot to. I was in the DSG in Greece the other day and they had more ammo on the shelf than I've seen recently. I took a pic but it's not loading. They had 9mm, .38, .45, .30-06, .308, .17, 6.8. 6.5, etc.. and they were stocked deep in those calibers along with some shotgun target / small game loads. Between that and what others are posting on here, maybe the worst is behind us.

• Like 1

field and stream (DSG aka dick's last resort) had all calibers mentioned just like at other locations on monday. 30-06 went within the business day as did 308. 30-30 hung around a few days and 6.5 creedmoor a day after that. stocked deep with the 6.8 western if you want to or can even find a rifle chambered in it.

1 hour ago, SportsmanNH said:

Federal now has most calibers in stock on their online store . Prices are higher than normal, but they have most rifle calibers and handgun ammo in stock now. 

https://www.federalpremium.com/rifle/

Major manufacturers won't ship to ny, like federal or nosler.

Maybe they would to ffl? but thats going to cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Major manufacturers won't ship to ny, like federal or nosler.

Maybe they would to ffl? but thats going to cost.

exactly. i'm on some pistol competition pages on social media. others shooters always posting CCI putting up ammo for first thing in the AM but as a NYer it means nothing to me.