Ammo

Buckmaster7600

Many stores are receiving ammo shipments weekly and some more often. In the sunbelt, Rural King has assorted ammo placed on the shelves daily, but it goes fast. Shotgun shells are plentiful, rifle cartridges availability varies and pistol ammo almost non existent. Today, (Florida) I picked up 2 boxes of 85 grain 25.06 Winchester ballistic Silvertips (a varmint and coyote load). It was pricy, $35 for a box of 20. They also had a substantial amount 6.5 Creedmoor (which I don't own or  need).They had 130 grain elk loads and a lighter "match" load. So, just cause they have it, doesn't mean they have what you need. I had a little better luck at Wally world. While their shelves were pretty empty the had lots of  Remington core-lokt PSP 100 grain for my 25.06, so I bought 4 boxes at $24 per box. My advice would be to keep looking, especially if you travel.  Around here gun stores are out, but hardware stores often have a few dusty boxes left.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I was just looking for a few more arrows for next season.  The ones I use are also out of stock everywhere .  I prob have enough for next season and practice.  But this all is crazy. 

Try these guys... Good company to do business with

https://jeffsspecialtysports.com/

Edited by Steve D
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

My local ammo spot yesterday.....

IMG_20201204_130048537.jpg

Bucks and bolts ? I snuck in there Friday ,I did get a box of hevi  shot on sale for 22 bucks. 

Are all you reloaders find primers easily ?

Edited by sbuff

2 hours ago, sbuff said:

Bucks and bolts ? I snuck in there Friday ,I did get a box of hevi  shot on sale for 22 bucks. 

Are all you reloaders find primers easily ?

Yup. The shelves are just empty.  Saw one endcap had some .22 stingers and 2 boxes of shot.  Worse I've seen it though. No rifle ammo of any kind.

2 hours ago, Daveboone said:

I am willing to bet cash that the same hunters who dont have any ammo this year wont have any next year, and wont start looking until the week before hunting season.

And don’t fill their gas tank till it’s a couple needle widths above E , have little or no cash on them , and have little more than a couple weeks of food , at home .

• Like 2

Things are getting real bad quick, the price gouging is getting started and the prices are spiraling. Went over on the gun auction site to see if by chance there were any buys on 22 LR ammo, prices are nuts.

A few months ago one could buy bricks of decent ammo comparable to what is below in the $25 range give or take a couple of buck. Only $210 more and still climbing and don't forget to add on the $20 shipping!

Al

2020-12-06_133559.png

Edited by airedale
  • Sad 1

We’ll see when and how this all ends, but my own thoughts are it will be sometime and prices will never drop to what they once were .

I got a few hundred rounds of 300blk the other day, that I put on back order months ago, like six  . There’s 100 rounds of 00 buck in route to the house , and I’ve got 20ga sabots on backorder with the hope they arrive by spring . I’m just trying to fill in my low spots ,with the hope I can continue to shoot .

My 2 cents are if your low in ammo ,even hunting ammo, I’d have it on back order now .

And I just found this , THREE YEARS TO CATCH UP !

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/palmetto-state-115gr-9mm-fmj-ammunition-639-for-1000-rounds/

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Years ago, I realized I had more firearms than I could ever use for anything other than range fun.  What I did not have was enough ammo to last me for the rest of my life if a shortage occurred.  Even then there were rumblings of issues caused by the anti's in government ( read Democrats ) that would cause shortages or vast price increases.  I saw the hand writing on the wall.

It was then that I ( and many of my friends ) started buying bulk ammo for everything I did use, whenever I saw it for sale at a bargain price.  I also stocked up on needed reloading supplies.  My biggest concerns were storing all that ammo in a controlled temperature environment, how much space it would occupy and how much it weighed if I needed to move it.

Today I can see it was a good move and it paid off in large dollar savings.  Recently,  I've actually sold off a lot of the ammo I had that I knew I would never use before my time was up, and made a tidy profit when I did so.  ( The prices being paid for ammo today are insane ) Even so, I still have a lot of ammo for every firearm I would ever really use in the future.

Today I have the firearms I need and fewer that I just want.  But I have enough ammo for the firearms I need, to last me the rest of my life without ever buying more.  And as a last resort, I can reload the empties.

The moral of the story is foresight.  Just assume ammo will always be a good investment and stock up on as much as you can, when you can, as long as the price is right.  You can only carry so many firearms at one time, so you don't need 100 firearms, unless you plan on outfitting your own platoon.  What you need is plenty of ammo to feed the firearms that you really need.

If I should go to my reward with a ton of ammo to my name, my son already knows what to do.

Today my only concern is the government becoming aware of people like me and passing some oppressive law that says one can only be in possession of so much ammo.  I've heard rumblings from anti-gun politicians ( All Democrats ) about that as well.  I expect we will see that in the future too.  To that I will say what I said to the Safe Act.  I WILL NOT COMPLY!

Is this still a free country?  Sure, if being free to do only what they let you do, is your idea of being free.

• Like 1