Any big bucks in 3 this year?

Whereareyoubuck

I'm in 3J, and this is the worst season to date. Saw a 6-pointer on opening day, and not a single one since then. But on the cameras I've had a 7, 8, and 10 pointers only at night.
The camera doesn't lie. Once the rut activity gets in full swing those bigguns will come out in the daytime.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have had my best season ever as far as legal buck sightings(3 point rule is what I am referring to as “legal”), here in western 3K.  I passed up a nice tall 6 this morning.  My 7 cameras on 5 acres, show seeking for about 3-4 weeks.  Slowing up now, but where I work in 3M my coworker has not been seeing much of any deer since October first, and he has entirely different properties to hunt, that are 10-15 mins apart.  He has seen deer, but a lot of days nothing.  Where he hunts that is the extreme opposite of what he usually sees.  EHD area though where he is, so who knows.  My 37 mile “commute” to work I am hardly seeing roadkill deer.  Last Monday, I saw 3 small bucks whacked by cars, Forestburgh, and 17 by Wolf Lake.  I know a gentleman up in Livingston Manor, he is not seeing much either, cameras as well for him.  I don’t know if any of this has any value to you.

@Whereareyoubuck What you describe is what a typical season for me is here in 3K.  I typically never see legal bucks on cam once velvet is off, if I do its a one time camera sighting.  I have gone seasons here never seeing a deer at all.  Some years does, after does, after does, and never a legal buck, or even close to legal.  I know your frustration/concern.  Just keep at it

• Like 1