What have you lost or broken in the field this year?

goosifer

I usually loose something, every time I kill a deer.   Yesterday might be a first, because nothing has come up missing yet.   I thought I might have lost one of my oddball "finisher" slugs. I loaded it into my chamber, when I saw the buck struggling, but I did not end up using it. I remember unloading it when my dad picked me up with his side by side, but I could not remember where I put it.  

I had tossed my jacket into the back, with most of my other gear.  I am wearing it now, and as it turns out, I put it back into the special pocket, where it actually belongs.  Items that I have lost in the past were grunt calls, release (while bowhunting), knives, crossbow rope pulley device, gloves, hat, seat cushions, pens, and other stuff that I can't remember. 

Somehow, I have not lost my butt out tool yet, although I did leave it with a gut pile, after a failure one time.  I think I have it figured out now, and it has worked as it is supposed to, the last 8 or 10 times.

Not sure it’s lost yet since I haven’t fully unpacked but when I was looking for my benchmark knife to gut a little doe this evening it wasn’t where it was supposed to be. I used it to help a guy dress his buck but I distinctly remember washing it after back at camp. Nervous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost one of my carabiners. Took it off my tether because I was climbing a ladder stand and gonna use a tree strap (I clip it onto my safety line when in a hanger). I put it in the pouch I keep my haul line in and must have left it open as I climbed. I guess it dropped out but I never found it by the bottom of the stand. 

I hate losing stuff. I would rather break stuff than lose it.