Hornady 30-06 bullets

I know that there is a real ammo shortage especially here in NY with the "safe act" but,  my Remington 700 really likes the Hornady 30-06 SPRG 180 gr SST. and I'm down to my last 3 shells! I tried shooting some other loads but they are all over the place. Does anyone know where I can find some or what might be a reasonable replacement?  I did a google search and every site I saw said out of stock! Bad on me for waiting so long to try and pick up some bullets! In my defense I've been hunting 9F for several years and only use my blackpowder gun. just recently started back in Chautauqua Co. where I can use my rifle again. 

Thanks,

23 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I know that there is a real ammo shortage especially here in NY with the "safe act" but,  my Remington 700 really likes the Hornady 30-06 SPRG 180 gr SST. and I'm down to my last 3 shells! I tried shooting some other loads but they are all over the place. Does anyone know where I can find some or what might be a reasonable replacement?  I did a google search and every site I saw said out of stock! Bad on me for waiting so long to try and pick up some bullets! In my defense I've been hunting 9F for several years and only use my blackpowder gun. just recently started back in Chautauqua Co. where I can use my rifle again. 

Thanks,

mine  shoots rem 180 soft point well . My rem 700 was made back in the 90s  so I'm not sure  if your gun is  going to get the same results  they may have changed a little over time don't know for sure  . guy in gun store told me one time  the new  ones  are not made with the same attention to detail like the older ones  were 

Edited by phantom

5 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

I don't know the production date but mine is an older model 700 bdl? Walnut stock. Definitely not a newer model like a 770. 

mine to same gun I think  came with iron sites  with nice gloss walnut stock 

Edited by phantom

4 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

I don't know the production date but mine is an older model 700 bdl? Walnut stock. Definitely not a newer model like a 770. 

You forgot to add "DM"  :)

IIRC you got it from a member here?  Somebody in Batavia? Or was it another site?  It was a good score........

19 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

Thanks,

Call up DD's ranch in Alden and see if they have any in stock. If you can't get out there I can pick them up and and bring them out your way. 

I have 12 rounds of 180 grain Federals and 12 rounds of 180 grain Remington's I wont be using that you can have and I can probably get more of those  but that does not exactly help your current situation 

23 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

have 12 rounds of 180 grain Federals and 12 rounds of 180 grain Remington's I wont be using that you can have and I can probably get more of those  but that does not exactly help your current situation 

Thanks for the generous offer! I have 2 boxes of Remington in 165 and 180 gr. those don't pattern well in this gun. Who knows maybe the Federals will be different? 

Thanks for the generous offer! I have 2 boxes of Remington in 165 and 180 gr. those don't pattern well in this gun. Who knows maybe the Federals will be different? 

Out of the 2 the federals patterned the best for me but Larry’s 165 grain hand loads had a better grouping so that’s what I’m using this year.

I actually have both boxes with me at work. If you want them let me know and we can make an arrangement to get them in your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Moho81 said:

Out of the 2 the federals patterned the best for me but Larry’s 165 grain hand loads had a better grouping so that’s what I’m using this year.

I actually have both boxes with me at work. If you want them let me know and we can make an arrangement to get them in your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no rush, I'm not going back to Chautauqua till this weekend. But I will definitely want to give them a try. I can swing by your office now that the County says I'm not contagious anymore!  

• 2 weeks later...