Deer Check Gone Bad

bfahy13

59 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

When I bowhunted last....almost thirty years ago....you could absolutely get three bucks. (one bow, buck and rifle. At that time I in person clarified with a DEC officer, as the tags for bow and ML both listed either weapon....that you could legally use both tags for ML OR bow ! Probably one of the reason the regulations were changed. I never did. At that time DMP for a while were also buck or doe in a bunch of areas.  

I have no doubt that you are correct about current regulations. I havent had any reason to be concerned with the technicalities for multiple bucks in many years.

Yes dmp were either sex  ,hard to come by back then but my fathers friend would routinely take 3 buck in gun as he had buck tag and 2 dmp.. he always filled dmp with bucks.. use to piss me off when i heard about it every year. Glad they changed it.

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

I would still like to know the whereabouts of [mention]AThunter [/mention] [mention]Elmo [/mention] [mention]diplomat019 [/mention]
Their silence is deafening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to give Team #1 the lead mysteriously overnight like Joe Biden.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, First-light said:

I spend about 4 hrs on rt  17 from Howard to Harriman. Yesterday was the first time I saw zero deer on top of vehicles headed south.  A lot of pickups with the covers over beds though. 

People learn the hard way.   Don't wear camo or orange going over the bridge.   Even if your 100% legit, why waste hours being hassled for no reason.

• Like 2

another thing to remember is that you don't generally just get pulled over without doing something wrong. Sure it's possible he was speeding or had a taillight out, but the fact that they caught a guy transporting potentially illegal deer makes me think someone tipped them off... unless the guy was just a total idiot and had his truckbed exposed. 

Just now, Belo said:

another thing to remember is that you don't generally just get pulled over without doing something wrong. Sure it's possible he was speeding or had a taillight out, but the fact that they caught a guy transporting potentially illegal deer makes me think someone tipped them off... unless the guy was just a total idiot and had his truckbed exposed. 

Incorrect.   They have DEC check points at the bridge requiring all hunters to "check in".   They also go after orange hats & camo hats, and pull you over.   I believe the DEC has power to do that, while regular cops need to find something wrong.

15 hours ago, wjay1552 said:

I would like to know where in New York you can kill 7 130” bucks regardless of how illegal or legal they may have been taken. That’s some very successful baiting, spot lighting or skilled woodsmanship I’ve never seen.

This was my thought exactly.... I am not the best hunter in the world, and I think the most I could possibly get in a weekend, with the greatest possible luck, I could maybe get 3 in a weekend, but nothing to the size of these deer. 

So funny the different parts of the state . Years ago I’m driving home , it’s hot I’m wearing a white ,what we called insulated underwear top with blood on it, theres a deer in the van wrapped up, in a tarp . I go through one of those seatbelt / reg. / inspection check points , Trooper looks at stickers ,me , glances in back, waves me on .

Ive been stopped by the DEC cops at least 8 times over the years ,mostly where  I park . Many times I’ve got deer, they ask a couple questions , glance at tag , and never ask to see my license .

Oh it happens often because they drive around and make a note of where the trucks are parked, and concentrate on those spots . Last time he mentioned seeing my truck there a lot in bow .