Maine outfitters

Chef

OMM Outfitters

Allagash Guide Service

Umcolcus Sporting Camps(not sure if they do bear)

Spaulding Lake Outfitters

Chandler Lakes Outfitters(not sure on bear)

Maine Whitetail Adventurers 

www.Libbycamps.com

I follow these outfits on Instagram, id look into them, but their are LOTS up there

• Like 2

Maine Bear Hunting, Maine Deer Hunting, Maine Moose Hunting at Oxbow Outfitters, LLC. (oxbowlodge.com)

If they have the rockland show this winter there usually there,If any outfitter tells you theres bears average 300lbs. or better walk away the average Maine is around 150lbs.

If the border opens head over to New Brunswick,Canada  Way more bear sightings and bigger bears for sure.

Bear Hunting, Moose, Deer, Bobcat Hunting in Maine | Spring Bear Hunting in New (stonybrookoutfitters.com) 

• Like 2

Recommendation...lots of good outfitters out there, but before committing get references....as many as you can....and call them for their experiences, both successful and unsuccessful hunters. Sightings, how many baits maintained, how were the meals, who gets you to the site and back, etc. I have never hunted Maine but been just over the border in New Brunswick a lot. Great folks up there and the border crossing is a breeze (assuming no COVID or legal problems on your end). I would love to go back every year, but just don't have room for the bears! Dont sweat the gun you use...black bears arent hard to kill, just hit em the same as you would a deer. Ranges are normally close (< 50 yards). I am partial to my 45-70 but the good old 30-30 is a very common bear round.

On 11/23/2020 at 7:07 PM, rachunter said:

If they have the rockland show this winter there usually there,If any outfitter tells you theres bears average 300lbs. or better walk away the average Maine is around 150lbs.

If the border opens head over to New Brunswick,Canada  Way more bear sightings and bigger bears for sure.

Very True! Just like deer, there are alot more small ones than big ones, and if you arent used to looking at them all bears look big in the woods. It took me a few years to get used to looking at them before I got my 305 lber. Just as difficult is judging their hides to be sure they arent rubbed. If they look pale or whiteish, they are rubbed. It is unmistakeble if compared to a good glossy black hide.