My 2020 Covid-19 journal

sodfather

2020 keeps on giving me lemons so I thought I would do a daily journal of my symptoms and exciting times for the next 2 weeks as I sit in isolation. Saturday night at hunting camp was my first day of symptoms, I came back from hunting all day and just couldn’t warm up. I stood by the fire most of the night till I went to bed at 7:30pm. Did not for one minute think it was COVID related . I woke up around 3am that morning just sweating profusely but had several blankets on me cause I was so cold from the night. I hunted Sunday morning only till 10am  felt so so but not %100. I left camp around 11am to head home For my daughters 14th and fathers 80th birthday. During that drive I was not feeling good, the body aches we’re getting bad and then I only had  one thing on my mind, get tested. I couldn’t get a test till Monday so I took a shower and went to bed feeling pretty good other than the body aches. Monday  came and I went for a rapid results test . The test came back positive and now I’m officially a case. I’m a glass 3/4 empty guy I didn’t want to believe it so I immediately called my doctor to get a secondary test. After talking he asked my symptoms and said yes sometimes the rapid tests are off but I’m have all the symptoms, no taste , body aches and feverish feeling. My wife immediately went into super wife mode and cleaned everything and set the room up for me for the next 2 weeks. I’m super worried about my kids and everybody else I came in contact with during this. I had to shut my business down during my busiest time of year Christmas Light Season. I am the poster boy for the guy who said I won’t get it I’m clean I always wash I’m careful. Wrong it’s actually everywhere and it’s a matter of time either everyone gets it or they have the vaccine to prevent it. I’m also the guy who said give me the virus before the vaccine. I’m going to say that you don’t want this and I would most definitely take the vaccine before I ever get this again. 
Monday night probably the worst night so far . The hot sweats and the body aches so bad it’s hard to sleep. I would sleep for 2 hrs then wake up sore and have to stretch. 

3DDD894B-6666-4CA7-B283-8EBF13DF943F.jpeg

4760E397-6077-4333-896A-E6EB2B840A5D.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks for posting this Jay, hopefully others will take note and be vigilant.  
If you need (almost) anything, just holler.  :)

Hopefully others in your circle won’t get it but if they do, their symptoms are mild. Now is the time for them to hunker down and stay quarantined so the spread is contained.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck! I’ll tag along into this thread. I rode in Jay’s truck 40min. Each way to hunting lease on Saturday and Sunday. I also slept in a bed next to Jay Friday and Saturday night- separate bed, but closeby in same room. We used same bathroom, etc. As of now, I have no symptoms but got PCR test yesterday afternoon and quarantining in an empty family condo that is waiting to be sold. When I went for the test I had 97.8 so no fever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

The ducks and deer  in WNY are safer for a few weeks now!  Get well soon, Hope it did not spread to Biz and/or others.  

I’m sure you racking your brain as to “where did I get this?”  You’re right, it’s literally everywhere!  

• Like 1

1st year using a saddle too , coincidentally ?

I think not! Saddle hunting is the gateway to riding dudes like a saddle. Also@sodfather am I the only one to be surprised that you also do Christmas lighting? On a serious note you should be back stronger than ever before you know it. Also when your wife makes something you don't like you can wolf it down and pretend it's good even if it's nasty because you can't taste it!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I think not! Saddle hunting is the gateway to riding dudes like a saddle. Also@sodfather am I the only one to be surprised that you also do Christmas lighting? On a serious note you should be back stronger than ever before you know it. Also when your wife makes something you don't like you can wolf it down and pretend it's good even if it's nasty because you can't taste it!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Of course 

09F65655-6A13-4E95-BE17-1C4E5E0FB804.jpeg

• Like 5