My 2020 Covid-19 journal

sodfather

49 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I was feeling fine thinking I was on my way back to recovery until last night. My head is completely congested and feels like some sort of massive head cold . Not sure if this is a symptom of covid or something else but it’s awfully painful. 

I lost my taste yesterday.   What a weird sensation.   Did you lose taste?

I got a 345pm appt. today. sounds like I’ll be retested for covid and possibly for flu too. Temp is down to 99.5. Haven’t taken Tylenol since 830pm last night. Still very achy, especially lower back/hips/kidneys but no other symptoms with head/chest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Ok. I’m officially in!

ecd3665cba4e8288f4151393d78aec1b.jpg

My Monday covid test was negative. Doctor said probably too soon. They tested me today for covid and flu. I’m positive for covid, negative for flu

Doctor said if I was negative it’s 14 days from last exposure since you don’t know when you will get it. But since I’m positive, it’s 10 days from the day I had first symptoms (Tuesday) if by the 10th day I have no fever for 24 hours without meds. I’m almost there now. So unless I relapse I should be good. I’ve been under 100 temp now for over 24 hours. So December 5-6 I can go home finally.

Hardest part will be missing wife / baby.

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ok. I’m officially in!

ecd3665cba4e8288f4151393d78aec1b.jpg

My Monday covid test was negative. Doctor said probably too soon. They tested me today for covid and flu. I’m positive for covid, negative for flu

Doctor said if I was negative it’s 14 days from last exposure since you don’t know when you will get it. But since I’m positive, it’s 10 days from the day I had first symptoms (Tuesday) if by the 10th day I have no fever for 24 hours without meds. I’m almost there now. So unless I relapse I should be good. I’ve been under 100 temp now for over 24 hours. So December 5-6 I can go home finally.

Hardest part will be missing wife / baby.

what about coughing  any cough with that ?

what about coughing  any cough with that ?

I don’t have any cough, head cold or chest/lung symptoms. The achy-ness has been my only issue. The fever is a symptom but I wouldn’t know. It’s gone now anyway. We’ll see if anything returns tomorrow.

This thing has been getting worse instead of better . I slept for a total of 16 hours yesterday cause the headaches are so painful. I’m taking Tylenol and Sudafed for the pain but it just doesn’t seem to help . I just got up and feel a little better but as I type this I can start to feel the pressure in my head . Today is my 7th day with so far no signs of on the way to recovery. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Otto said:

Sorry to hear that Sod, everyone has it it in different ways.  I hope you are at peak and recovery starts today.  How are the other guys in your crew fairing? 

Biz is fine and Tacs cousin has it bad he’s not doing good at all. I text him every day and his spirts are high but his fever won’t go down and his body aches are bad . Two of my employees have it and they are doing ok and feeling a bit better . My wife and kids are so far so good with no symptoms. 

• Like 2

Just checking in too. I still have very achy hips. It makes it very uncomfortable to sit and lay down. It feels way better to walk or stand. Otherwise I luckily have not had any of the other symptoms. I had a fever Tuesday, Wednesday and part of Thursday. But I haven’t even hit a 100 now since Thursday night. The past few days, I’ve been taking 1 Tylenol before bed to help with the hips pain. I should note also, I’ve been on a vitamin regimen since day one (monday). I take C and D3. In the morning and night. And I take my centrum daily during the day at lunch. Of course I drink a ton of water everyday also. It’s very important that your vitamins are “USP” verified otherwise you really have no clue what you are taking. I also space them out otherwise you’re just pissing them right out since they are water soluble. Lastly, when I had the fever I let it rise since it’s body’s way of fighting the virus. Rather than keep popping Tylenol and suppressing my immune system. My brother is a clinical pharmacist and prior to that studies nutrition under federal grants / stipends, so obviously his knowledge has proven very helpful for me.

I’m taking C and D but feel like I’m just pissing them out . I have zero appetite and have lost 6 pounds already. I have been drinking water but it’s forced . Everytime I take a sip I feel like I want to puke it up . 

Damn. What about Gatorade? I’ve been rotating Gatorade, water and even black Cherry seltzer just to taste something different

I lost 20-25 lbs back in the spring. Not commuting to nyc and eating at better hours, lifting weights more often, etc. all contributed. In august at my annual physical it was the best numbers I’ve ever had. I have to believe being healthier this year has helped me fight this virus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I lost 20-25 lbs back in the spring. Not commuting to nyc and eating at better hours, lifting weights more often, etc. all contributed. In august at my annual physical it was the best numbers I’ve ever had. I have to believe being healthier this year has helped me fight this virus

Did you figure out what kind of wings you're getting today ? All drums of course.

Biz and Jay, I hope you both get through this quickly! As I read these post I keep saying to myself yep same here! It's a real roller coaster ride! 1 good day leads to 2 -3 bad ones. Lower back pain(kidney area) achy hips and knees, headaches, sinus pressure, sleep 12 hours a day, and weight lose (i dropped 25 lbs) etc, etc,etc.   It's been just over 3 weeks for me and I'm definitely doing better, I've been able to get back out hunting but the energy level is just not there.  I hunt 1 day and want to sleep the entire next day. I can tell I'm getting better but it's been 22 days already!  I hunted all day Friday and Saturday, today I'm taking a break.  Full moon last night and 50 degrees today made it easy to say "good day"to take a break. I'll rest up cause it looks like snow in the forecast for wed-thurs and I want to be ready to hit it a little harder!

God Speed my friend, I hope you both get through this real soon!

Edited by 2012_taco
Added text
  • Like 1

Reading these covid19 posts  I'm thinking I had this back in end of  December  first 24 hours  was vomiting diarrhea  then loss of smell, taste and achy hips  back pain  lasted about  3  almost 4 weeks before I  felt 100% again  don't know if I had a fever I didn't check  or  even go to the doctor I just assumed it was  some  type of flu  and would pass . I think this virus was here before they official new about it . who knows  how many people got it and did like me didn't go to the doctor back then just thought it was the  normal flu ,  many are   asymptomatic .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 2