Another Spent Bullet........

Lawdwaz

Spent but recovered. 

I love finding spent bullets on deer and here's another.  I killed a buck Saturday afternoon with my 7mm-08 at 200 yards.  The bullet is/was a 120gr Nosler BT and it performed as advertised.  I butchered the buck this morning and found the bullet under the hide on the off-side.  She weighs 75 grains now so it shed 45gr.

When I pulled the trigger, in recoil I saw the bucks head through the scope flip backwards and then the entire deer vanished in the grass and fading light.   The shot was perfect and right on the money, taking out the right front running gear and heart. 

I know a few guys enjoy this stuff along with the pictures as much as me so here ya go, Happy Thanksgiving friends!

SFsfBP2.jpg

SoSMCwu.jpg

2dsq8rO.jpg

Akyaxji.jpg

• Like 21

4 minutes ago, 46rkl said:

Nice to see the projectile work like it’s supposed to. Interesting about the lost weight. Makes me wonder if that was lead, how much would be in the tissue of the deer? Just reinforces my decision to not use lead at all.

It DID have a lead core, hence the lost weight.   I'm not to spooked on the lead in the shoulder cause it's been well trimmed.

In my .243 I use Barnes 80gr TTSX bullets and they work very well too.  I'm not sure but next week I may take my 300WSM and that is charged with 165gr Nosler BT, I think. 

14 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I LOVE it, Larry, and I also  applaud your photographic skill......You might be in the wrong profession....Oughta  doing PICTURES rather than WINDOWS....Hehehe.. BTW, The Mermaid sends you a big hug..

The camera (Canon G12) helps with those macro shots for sure.  It’s so easy, even a caveman could do it. 

• Like 1