Rack Hub

Curious if anyone else tried this antler display system.  My wife has no objections to antlers but hates euros.   So I tried this for a couple of euros that I had in the basement.  Pretty neat for displaying antlers.  Fully adjustable and the antlers can be removed by sliding off the post.  Not a bad and inexpensive way to display antlers when you don’t plan a full shoulder mount.  Saves room too.  

F6ADBF5C-7D10-4AC4-86B8-55A8EEC2A987.jpeg

I like euros, but my wife also does not care for them.  I prefer the natural ones, not whitewashed or camo-dipped.  As a compromise a few years ago, when she had our kitchen remodeled,  I got a new room for my hunting and fishing stuff.  That's where the euros go now.  

I can't say that I like the rack hub very much.  It is a bit too modern-looking for me, and I dont like that you loose the natural antler spacing.  Those are some cool antlers though, and I surely would have made a euro with them, but not a shoulder mount.

I have seen some good looking light fixtures made from antlers, and that set would be good for that.  

14 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Fully adjustable and the antlers can be removed by sliding off the post.

So you can make them look to be as wide as you want??? That would be cool.

To all my hunting buddies: "you guys gotta see the 20" four point I got" :o

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve D said:

So you can make them look to be as wide as you want??? That would be cool.

To all my hunting buddies: "you guys gotta see the 20" four point I got" :o

The distance between the bases is set so the rack would look pretty funky if you just bend them down instead of a natural position but yes I suppose you could cheat some.  You could make a spike look like the antlers were growing sideways if you like I suppose.  lol

• Haha 1

Not sure that’s for me , I don’t care much for euros either lol.

My friend does these for $60, this is my first buck from the ‘80s sometime I sawed the antlers off , he did this many years later for me.

The two bands are off the first goose I shot it was double banded which from the reaction of the guys that took me is a big deal .

I have a knack for annoying other hunters with my luck lol 

550E4378-FB5B-42C5-92CD-68242739B00E.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1