Best place to buy hunting land

luberhill

Look for tax sales from each county, large properties tend to go. Pretty inexpensive , drawback is funds are usually due in 30 days with a deposit down at time of auction. . Penny savers  local papers are a good source as well as drives down coubtry road for sale by owners..

• Like 1

By the time it gets to the realty market, it's often overpriced. You want to find private party or find those tax driven sales as noted.

Networking - whether in person or sending letters. 

I'm in the market too and I'm really starting to think about buying land out of state for hunting - the taxes, quality of hunting and pressure, etc. vs. the density and high property taxes here. I can be in NE Ohio just under three hours. 

By the time it gets to the realty market, it's often overpriced. You want to find private party or find those tax driven sales as noted.
Networking - whether in person or sending letters. 
I'm in the market too and I'm really starting to think about buying land out of state for hunting - the taxes, quality of hunting and pressure, etc. vs. the density and high property taxes here. I can be in NE Ohio just under three hours. 
This.

I am not far from you but would recommend you ask around knock on doors look at tax maps and find out who owns what you’re interested in and reach out to the owner to see if they’re willing to sell some or all of the property you’re interested in   Hunt stand is a software service for hunters that provides parcel information and owners of the parcel you have to pay for that service but you could do this for free if you look at county tax maps or town tax maps  

I know of a 275acre property that is changing hands now just because the people who have been using /leasing it were able to convince the seller to sell to them  that property never was listed with a realtor nor did anybody else bid on it or make them an offer  often it’s neighbors buying from neighbors but you have to get out and ask who is looking to get out put the word out you have $ for land  

You might also look for in the tax rolls and find absentee owners yes taxes are paid and there might be insurance on the property but the owner lives in another state and doesn’t really use the property.  You can find out the assessed value you can find out the taxes the owner usually their address google them contact them and see if they’re interested in selling or leasing with the option to buy.  

Pay attention to things like divorces and deaths they often bring about changing folks assets often land. Had a buddy lose 45 acres of prime hunting property not far from you in a divorce.  Had another friend pass away young and his wife sold his hunting land for a fraction of what it was worth because she needed the money both sad situations but things to pay attention to especially out in the country

Good luck real estate is booming but there are deals to be found if you know where to look