Best county to buy 100 acres ?

Glen

It appears that Steuben cty is among the best deer hunting in ny state. If you could buy 100 acres east of there what county would it be?  Based on overall deer population, antler potential, affordability, taxes etc.....

20 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Where would you even look ? Realtor ? Craigslist ?

Just exploratory at this point but utilize all once I zeroed in on an area. Love the small piece I currently have but way too many variables I can’t manage .

Thanks to all for the feedback! I was thinking my post would start a little controversy for the best NY deer hunting place. Sounds like it been a tough year for deer sightings for most. Anyway,  I was wondering if anyone had opinions on the following counties: Tioga, Tompkins, Chemung, Schuyler? Greatly appreciate any comments

100 acre is nice but 100 acre of mature timber is nitnthe same a 100 acre field, or creek bottom.  Fortunatly you can transform a property to maximize its hunting potential especilly with arial photos available of neighboring pieces. I dont think the country would control where i could get it unless it allowed me to buy even more.. 

37 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I'll second that.  Theres alot of nice deer taken out of the county.  Just remember if you do chenango theres 2 regions split by the chenango river.  7p,7m and there is a big difference in how doe tags are given out.

Interesting ..... My property is located in 4H and across the Highway is 4R an Antler Restriction area , if a Spikey crosses the Highway he's Dead ... LOL !  Been putting in for DMP's depending on the chances for years !

24 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Interesting ..... My property is located in 4H and across the Highway is 4R an Antler Restriction area , if a Spikey crosses the Highway he's Dead ... LOL !  Been putting in for DMP's depending on the chances for years !

Yep when I started it was one big unit.  Doesn't make sense to me.  I can get at least 1 dmp for 7m every year and I haven't got a 7p in 3 or 4 years.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks