Late bow season and crossbow

Unit8R

Want to check with you folks who I trust... In the Southern Zone the regs says:

Crossbows may be used to take deer during: early and late muzzleloader season in the Northern Zone and late muzzleloader season in the Southern Zone using Bow/Muzz tags, DMPs, DMAP tags, or an unfilled Regular Big Game tag (late season only);
    ...and gives these dates...
    Late Bow and Muzzleloading Deer    7 consecutive days immediately following the regular season

Questions:

1) I believe crossbow is allowed for the week after regular season if you have muzzleloader privilege, correct?

2) Can an unfilled regular season antler only tag be used to take a buck in this late season? ...and if yes, even if I have filled my antler only bow tag?

Thanks in advance! 

1 minute ago, GreeneHunter said:

If you bought the MZ tag and also have a Bow tag you can use your Crossbow in MZ season and take Either !  I'll be doing just that !

But this is late season bow coining up that I'm asking about ...I took a buck with xbow during muzz season and put bow/muzz antlered tag on it. The first question was succinctly answered, you cannot use your crossbow during late bow season (week after reg season). but this was brought up last year this time here which made my eyes glaze over

..I'm still not convinced of if/not crossbow is permitted in late bow season if you have both bow and muzz priv and also if I can/not take a buck during that late season and  slap an unfilled reg season tag on it antlered or unantlered.... beer please!

9 minutes ago, luberhill said:

That’s not the way it was explained to me. 
you CAN use the crossbow the week after gun and use doe tags ,gun buck tag or the ml tag

You can't use regular season tags in late season. Your welcome to use them but my green buddies will be welcome to write you the tickets. Obviously your like me free for the day to blow up the forum, my only thought is why do you ask for help and opinions if you dont really want to be open to them?

6 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

You can't use regular season tags in late season. Your welcome to use them but my green buddies will be welcome to write you the tickets. Obviously your like me free for the day to blow up the forum, my only thought is why do you ask for help and opinions if you dont really want to be open to them?

Read above regulations/law.  You can use regular season tags in late season. This is on this forum every year.  As long as you have bought the muzz/bow privilages as well.  

It is not well defined on DEC site, better defined in law code. 

Look under "d" "ii"

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

um u most certainly can use regular season tags in late season and more so your regular buck only tag changes to either sex,,,, does anyone read the regs or go thru the hunting course it amazing people that actually hunt and carry a gun have no clue what the regs are

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, land 1 said:

um u most certainly can use regular season tags in late season and more so your regular buck only tag changes to either sex,,,, does anyone read the regs or go thru the hunting course it amazing people that actually hunt and carry a gun have no clue what the regs are

To have little to no clue after reading those is to be human, let's start with crossbow == muzzleloader and go from there. We are here to discuss it and get it understood for the poor  less intelligent like me

Iy sounds like you just learned that U were being accidentally fed some bad info by kmart.  Your regular season buck tag may indeed be used during the late ML season with a crossbow, bow or a ML, on an antlered or antlerless deer in all sz wmu's.

I have had almost enough of chasing does myself and I can hardly wait for late ML season to get here, so I can start looking for a buck again.  In fact, I am skipping the last weekend or SZ regular season, to drive 4.5 hours to the northeast where late ML/crossbow opens a week earlier. 

I will also have an antlerless tag that I will be able to use up there at that time (wmu 6c).  Several of those ADK wmu's dont allow ant antlerless ML harvest.  You got to check the regs book to see which ones.

Yes, you can use your unused regular season tag for a buck in the late season.

This thread is a nice reminder that people should read the regs rather than go by “word of mouth”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kindly sign your buck tag over and mail it to me please

Kindly sign your buck tag over and mail it to me please

Which one? They are both valid till 12/31 in 3S bow only or January shotgun on Long Island

4 hours ago, Kmartinson said:

You are incorrect !