Hunting NY Get Together at Thrill Of The Hunt 3D Range (On Long Island)

HuntingNY

That was fun!!! Had a great time meeting everyone and shot ok... Did not loose any arrows which is always a plus! Great time with good people, what more can you ask for... Thankfully my back held up for all 5 Stations but a 2nd round was impossible...

My Score

Red Station: 5 5 10 10 5 8

White : 10 8 8 8 12 8

Blue : 5 8 12 8 10 8

Green :10 10 8 10 10 10

Yellow : 8 5 5 10 8 8

For a total of 250. Most targest where from about 20 + yards to almost 40 which was nice... Epecially since I only have 10-30 and 40 yard pins, I might add one...

We Started on blue and yellow was the tree stand and I think we shot at dif. targets than some for the tree stand and used a yellow as our last shot due to obstruction. All in all a great day of fun shooting arrows... I shot with Jeff and John and boy did they shoot good at the end wow!!! I shot OK the 1st 2 rounds and then my form broke down a bit as my back tightened up... Great time shooting with great bunch of guys, lets do it again!!!

Yup, had a good time. Nice to put a face to the screen names. Good bunch of guys. I shot pretty bad, but that's expected after not touching my bow in 6 months. Looking foward to shooting again. Thanks for putting that together John.

i agree, had a blast and would love to do it again very soon. John was very accommodating with providing food and drinks. i shot like crap lol, but that what happens when you dust off the bow after 5 months or so...

i want to thank john again and also Art for a very beautiful facility to shoot in.

• Like 1

I had a very good time today as well. Meeting all you guys was great. I shot better then I thought I would have for my first 3D shoot.

My scores were:

Red Station: 5, 5, 8, 8, 8,5

White: 12, 5, 8, 0, 5, 10

Blue: 8, 5, 10, 5, 8 , 8

Green: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 8

Yellow: 8, 10, 5, 10, 12, 8

Total 209

I look foward to doing this again. But I will score my own card as my brother math skills shorted me 16 points. And he is suppose to be the smart one.

LOL funny Phyillygunns I was shorted 8 pts. No big deal all in good fun. I think my last 3d shoot I scored 247 so at least I beat my last score even though they are dif courses... I am usualy happy if I don't loose any arrows. I like that old bow very cool. I wonder if we can have a tourney at suffolk archers they are open to the public... Thanks John for a great day of fun food and new friends!!!

One thing I have to say is the course was a challenge with varied angles of quartering prey that were over 30 yards away making a good shot very hard and the obstructions and shots through trees were fun... I joked about a moving target and he said he has enough arrow tips in the back stop area as it is... Now I understand why no one shoots the moving target at suffolk archers but it's soooo much fun!!!

Sounds like it was a great time. Would have loved to make it, but Rochester is a bit of a drive. Would be interested in seeing if we could try for something similar upstate. From the pics, looks like a great facility. Definitely sounds like a good day...

• Like 1