Flag Poles

Zag

Now I think we have a flag pole expert member, Red maybe?? Anyways the house we’re buying is set back about 300ft off the road with a great front yard and I’d like to get a flag pole, 20-30ft tall ish. Are they a pain to install? Certain brands? I need some guidance, prices don’t look to shabby for the pole. 

13 hours ago, Zag said:

Now I think we have a flag pole expert member, Red maybe?? Anyways the house we’re buying is set back about 300ft off the road with a great front yard and I’d like to get a flag pole, 20-30ft tall ish. Are they a pain to install? Certain brands? I need some guidance, prices don’t look to shabby for the pole. 

I bought a 30' from a veteran owned Co.  It's a telescoping type. Very easy to install. Fly's two flags. 

However, we got some 80+ mph winds a couple months ago, and I should have lowered it. Got a slight bend now.  Probably wouldn't have bent if I only had one flag. 

IMG_20200723_121623901.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mowin said:

I bought a 30' from a veteran owned Co.  It's a telescoping type. Very easy to install. Fly's two flags. 

However, we got some 80+ mph winds a couple months ago, and I should have lowered it. Got a slight bend now.  Probably wouldn't have bent if I only had one flag. 

IMG_20200723_121623901.jpg

Local company?

14 hours ago, Zag said:

Yes Red .

I also have a friend who lives in Webster who installs them ,if need be .

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Zag said:

I highly recommend  getting a single piece flagpole vs a telescoping or sectional pole.  The telescoping poles are nice there's no rope/halyard to worry about but if left up in high winds they will link and be difficult to raise or collapse.  Also over time the locking mechanism gives way and need to be replaced. 

The the price difference between a 25' telescoping pole and a 25' single piece pole is about $50.

The single piece pole has a life time warranty on the shaft. You can get a single piece 25' residential pole with a 3" butt diameter and tapers to 2" at the top or 4" butt diameter and tapers to 3" at the top.  Personally I would go with the 4" diameter pole. The 30' pole is 30x4".

They are very easy to install not much different than doing a fence post and they weigh less than 75# you can stand them up with one hand. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Red said:

I highly recommend  getting a single piece flagpole vs a telescoping or sectional pole.  The telescoping poles are nice there's no rope/halyard to worry about but if left up in high winds they will link and be difficult to raise or collapse.  Also over time the locking mechanism gives way and need to be replaced. 

The the price difference between a 25' telescoping pole and a 25' single piece pole is about $50.

The single piece pole has a life time warranty on the shaft. You can get a single piece 25' residential pole with a 3" butt diameter and tapers to 2" at the top or 4" butt diameter and tapers to 3" at the top.  Personally I would go with the 4" diameter pole. The 30' pole is 30x4".

They are very easy to install not much different than doing a fence post and they weigh less than 75# you can stand them up with one hand. 

Awesome you da man, I thought you were the flag pole guy and I appreciate the advice. Recommend company?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well what can I say, Red is the man!! I reached out back out to him once the weather was starting to break and he came to do a site visit and give me some recommendations. Today was install day and I couldn’t be any happier with Red, the work involved and the pole itself. It’s awesome so thanks again Red!!

Now I have to move some rocks around and flower and mulch around it, then work on a light to shine on the flag at night!

9815379C-5671-40A7-8386-36DBF82A6A7C.jpeg

• Like 13

You're welcome.

It truly was nice to meet you and do this project with you.  You couldn't have picked a better location for the flagpole on that beautiful piece of property.

Zak kicked butt. He dug the hole for the foundation and helped with the install.           Thank you for everything

• Like 2

Check this out, while taking a pic of the house from the road this little ray of sunshine shot downright to the flag pole! (Sorry i zoomed in so my house pic isnt on the web)

Being my grandparents home since its inception and my grandfather being an Army vet I would imagine pops was looking down today!

7E76326E-48B2-4586-905A-1B8C9CB736BB.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zag said:

Well what can I say, Red is the man!! I reached out back out to him once the weather was starting to break and he came to do a site visit and give me some recommendations. Today was install day and I couldn’t be any happier with Red, the work involved and the pole itself. It’s awesome so thanks again Red!!

Now I have to move some rocks around and flower and mulch around it, then work on a light to shine on the flag at night!

9815379C-5671-40A7-8386-36DBF82A6A7C.jpeg

lighting you say ......... @sodfather

• Like 1