Spring Take Was Up 4,303 Over 2019

Sir-diealot

So True, I agree. I know that in many Springs, I have taken Tom #2  that last week in May. My all time best Tom - Spur wise was killed on a May 31st. He was the one with Spurs just a smidge above 1 1/2".
   Alot of Spring Hunters quit by May 21st. They might have 1 Tom or nothing yet.
   Still-- it is getting Hot and the Sweat Pours. Biting Deer + Horse Flies are are out + about to make your Life miserable. Deer Ticks as well. The Greenup is completed and Gobbling goes Downhill. 
   And no Gobbling equals Alot of Spring Hunters done for the Spring. Fishing on a Lake with a Cooling Breeze beats Sweating + Biting insects.
   But that 10-20% will still Roll out of Bed  if they have 1 or Both Tags Left.

I think a lot of guys say there’s no bird because they don’t hear gobbling. Birds don’t gobble like they did 20yrs ago. Of the 10 NY toms I’ve shot in the last 5 years probably 6 or 7 never gobbled on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2