Any traditional users here?

biggamefish

I shoot a chekmate firebird model that is 49 at 28 inch draw and I draw 29 1/4 inch. I also have a set of limbs that are 40 lbs for this bow. I use these for indoor and or working on form.

I also have a Samick model that look like the BW MA3 that is 50 lbs at 28 inch.

I also have my first bow and that is a Martin hunter that is 50 lb at 28 inch.

I shoot all of these with alum 1916 shaft with 125 gr tips and or I also have some 400 spine carbon set up.

but I am just a lousy shot. I wish I could find sone one in my area to shoot with. Gets to be to much to just shoot by myself. SO I shoot with several guys my compounds.

I bow hunt primarily with a Ben Pearson Mustang 716, 50#@ 28", right handed. I have several Fred Bear recurves also which were handed down to me.

Unfortunately for me, bow hunting is probably out for me this year due to shoulder surgery earlier this year. Despite the PT, twice a week, the shoulder has not improved enough to allow me to draw a bow without discomfort. We will see!

Good luck,

Bill

I started 3 years ago with a PSE impala (only taken some small game).  Last year picked up a Martin x-200 55lbs. Have been shoting a lot a range trying to get good.  Feel very confident out to 22 and confident to 27 or 28.

Trying to dedicate some early season weekends strickly to recurve.  Not sure if i want to give up rut weekend yet my luck i will see a stud at 40 yards and with a recuve there no chance.

That is the fun of useing a recurve I think.  Most of my stnad locations are in funnels and very tight quarters so if something does come through I have a chance.  I do know what you mean I had three bucks come in all in the same day last year and they all stood out of range.  It was super cool to watch them though.  Two of them were 4-6 pointers and the other could have been a small 8 or a decent 6.  I have trained myself not to stair at the antlers or I get the shakes.  So I don't really know what they are untill they are down.  Good luck this season.

good looking bow and setup.  Are you using 400 carbon and 3 five inch fletch....I still have the alum in 1916 that just seem to fly very well and I did make up some carbon a doz and they also work well out of my bows.

What I do not understand is why so many of the traditional archers go to the carbon and then have to add weight to get them back into the range of what the alum arrows did weight ? I added some .243 80 gr copper bullets in back of the arrow point insert, to see if the bow would have any changes I sure did not seem to find any change that was a must, seed was down a little at 25 yards and the only thing was a higher FOC...

Bill