Clean misses and bad hits on deer.

wolc123

16 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Dry fire is more important than shooting for hunting practice. Knowing where your sights or crosshairs are when the trigger breaks is very important for hunters.

It’s free, you can do it in your house, it doesn’t take much time and it doesn’t hurt your gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely!!  In the past I spent a lot of time dry firing my gun. Also a hundred rounds or so a year. I always figured a well trained shooter would look down on my methods.  Lol.. I know exactly when my gun fires and as I'm shaking past the target I pull the trigger . Good enough to explode a water filled 16oz soda bottle at 200yds close to every time freehand. Dont ask me to hold steady, breath, and all that jazz though..;)

• Like 1

I'm pretty anal when it comes to making sure all my weapons hit the bullseye,  bow, crossbow, rifle and ML. Some hunters are content hitting a 8" plate or being a couple inches from a 2" bullseye, Whether it takes 2 shots or 20 shots I need to be in that bullseye , not near it or in the general  area,, in that bullseye  or I'm not satisfied.  When I aim that weapon I need to know that  is exactly where that projectile will go.  Bought a 6.5 creedmoor for my boy and used a box to sight it in perfectly to the point of getting 1/2" groups and breaking paper and just because it was fun to shoot,  took it out first time ever and dropped a nice buck. Shot my ML 5 times before the opener to check its POI and took a doe at 90 yards.

I like to say that quality optics, practice and sight in that weapon to the point your very comfortable , proficient and confident , patience and waiting for that right shot and follow through ( if game does not drop on impact get into the habit of getting on that deer and following that deer after the shot ).

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Dry fire is more important than shooting for hunting practice. Knowing where your sights or crosshairs are when the trigger breaks is very important for hunters.

It’s free, you can do it in your house, it doesn’t take much time and it doesn’t hurt your gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This got double posted.

It should be.

Read it, then read it again.

Best advice you'll get on this thread.

• Like 1

How about next time you try shooting for the biggest target the heart and lungs. The neck you have a 2 ½ inch target the spine with all the major arteries and veins running down both sides of it. the heart and lungs you have a 9 inch target higher percentage of a kill shot. That was a bad choice shot. If it was the only shot you should of let it walk.

• Like 1