Cory’s Covid journey

Cory

Day 5 and feel the same as yesterday. The lose of smell and taste has me confused! It’s really weird that the state hasn’t contacted me yet. I guess they are the ones that give you your end quarantine date. So life is kind of on hold till I get that. Never thought I would say this but I can’t wait to get back to work.

6 minutes ago, Cory said:

Day 5 and feel the same as yesterday. The lose of smell and taste has me confused! It’s really weird that the state hasn’t contacted me yet. I guess they are the ones that give you your end quarantine date. So life is kind of on hold till I get that. Never thought I would say this but I can’t wait to get back to work.

our county has basically said - youre on your own.  They cant keep up with the phone calls so are telling everyone to stay home for 14 days.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

43 minutes ago, Cory said:

I wasn't called by Westchester County Dept of Health until day 8, then they called me every single day.

Day 6 of quarantine and I feel great! Just have a slight cough. I have 2 calls into the county already today to try and get my quarantine letter so I can get paid from work. I’m definitely going to get some kettle ball workouts in and do some treadmill work as well. Stay safe boys and girls.

• Like 4

Day 7! I’m so over this. Still no word from the county even though I have several phone calls into them for the paperwork I need for work. I’m hoping today for a bills win and we can finally lock up the division for the first time since 95. Stay safe boys and girls!

Day 7! I’m so over this. Still no word from the county even though I have several phone calls into them for the paperwork I need for work. I’m hoping today for a bills win and we can finally lock up the division for the first time since 95. Stay safe boys and girls!

Stay on top of them and make sure they get your dates right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I went and got a rapid test today and came back positive. I inform my work and now I’m sitting at urgent care to get another test. I also have been arguing with the county and state all day trying to get my Covid quarantine paperwork. That’s why I’m sitting here to get tested again so my employer can get their paper for payroll! P

Guess what boys and girls I was just notified that I have to restart my quarantine! Even though I have no symptoms and already completed my 10 isolation! I could be made to quarantine for up to 3 months because that’s how long you can test positive for!

• Sad 1

I went and got a rapid test today and came back positive. I inform my work and now I’m sitting at urgent care to get another test. I also have been arguing with the county and state all day trying to get my Covid quarantine paperwork. That’s why I’m sitting here to get tested again so my employer can get their paper for payroll! P

I had to deal with the same crap, but no need for retest. My doctor agreed my symptoms improved over the phone so I was done after day 10

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I had to deal with the same crap, but no need for retest. My doctor agreed my symptoms improved over the phone so I was done after day 10

I don’t get this shit! Everyone I have talked to tells tells me something different. Just like when they asked me if i completed my 10 day isolation I’m tell them yes then they say well you still have to complete the 14 day quarantine. What’s the difference between them it’s either 10 or 14 days witch one do you want?

Sadly it seems like no one really knows what they are doing and when you ask for help they are useless. I have a close friend going through it right now and everyone he has talked to has been of no help. It took 5 days to even get a call from the department of health after testing positive. The only symptoms he had was stuffed sinuses kinda like a head cold that lasted just a few days. He’s been fine since. He’s a free man on Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you show no symptoms after the 10 or 14 day quarantine,  you should be able to go back to work, without a test.

There are some instances where people have tested positive 5 months after getting covid.

People have tested three days in a row and had mixed results.

The most reliable test is the PCR test, but that takes three or four days to get the results.

Since I had a serious covid rash, I had to take 2 regimes of steroids and waited until the rash disappeared to go back to work.

Hope all goes well for you.

15 hours ago, Cory said:

I don’t get this shit! Everyone I have talked to tells tells me something different. Just like when they asked me if i completed my 10 day isolation I’m tell them yes then they say well you still have to complete the 14 day quarantine. What’s the difference between them it’s either 10 or 14 days witch one do you want?

CDC has a chart i posted in my and @sodfather covid thread. It's 14 days if you never got testedbut came in contact with someone. It's 10 days after first day of symptoms if you have improved and can go 24 hours without a fever without using meds. 

• Like 1